Aussies Living Simply

Shoutbox Part 4

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 838 total)
  • Author
    Vickie

Vickie

we used traps from bunnings. our house is old, and as we renovate we find skeletons in the wall space. and often have bad smells where bats or mice rats get stuck :sick: so cant really use baits here :sick: :sick:

Bobbee

Steve post=344523 wrote: I conquered another mountain today… 🙂

http://stephens-adventures.blogspot.com/2012/06/bush-walk-7-wilsons-peak-from-boonah.html

Fantastic Steve!! :clap: :clap:

Now that was a WALK! :jawdrop:

The pics are beautiful, thanks for sharing, (via the link of course). I love those twisted moss covered trees too and that stump, stunning! :clap:

:hug:

dianne

hay there lizzie, your on late today, you are usually gone by the time I get home from school. :tup:

as for that house hunting, HOLD ONTO YOUR SEATS….. we may have just fould it :jawdrop: :woohoo: :jawdrop: 120acres of land with dam and small bore. thats it, but looks good sofar and is well in the price range. Is a little further out and in the area I least wonted but thats my compremise. so back to crossing those fingers again :whistle:

Vickie

good luck dianne! we are always keeping an eye out for our dream property.. more space than our 6 acres, further out in the middle of no-where, and more animals ahhh bliss .. just have to keep working , working , working 😉

dianne

Vickie post=344672 wrote: good luck dianne! we are always keeping an eye out for our dream property.. more space than our 6 acres, further out in the middle of no-where, and more animals ahhh bliss .. just have to keep working , working , working 😉

tell me about it. its only :huh: been a five or six year hunt for us sofar. I sooooo hope this is it.

Steve

Well, I’ve been at it again. Another walk in the Mt Barney National Park. Full story here: http://stephens-adventures.blogspot.com/2012/06/bush-walk-8-cleared-ridge-mt-montserrat.html

AlanE

Nice pictures Steve. You couldn’t get better weather than yesterday’s.

Bobbee

Hey Steve I’ll have a gander at your latest walk at a more respectable time, later today hopefully. :tup: Those pics look promising, I expect to see more gorgeous photos when I check out your link. Thanks for keeping us updated. :clap:

You know that question that gets asked sometimes, so I am told anyway, “Did the earth move for you?”; well the earth sure moved for us here this evening, ooops sorry, I mean Wed evening, around 9 pm. The house shook and rattled and the earth roared, what an experience! :jawdrop:

We’ve had earth tremors before but this was something else! 5.5 or 5.2 on the richtor (sp) scale so I believe. It was said to last for 20 seconds, well that was the longest 20 seconds I have ever spent. :jawdrop:

It makes it so much easier to vaguely understand the folk who suffer through really big earth quakes. The feeling of total loss of control of life at that moment, there’s not a darn thing that you can do except wait for “IT” to stop. We rattled and moved enough that it made me feel physically sick and kind-of ….not exactly dizzy…. but strange somehow……….. :shrug:

Those poor poor people who experience earthquakes that shatter buildings and open up the earth under their feet, my mind boggles at the very idea!! :jawdrop:

BlueWren

Hi Bobbee! Over the shock yet? :ohmy: I was just about to start a post hoping everyone in Vic was ok after the quake, yes 5.3 which is getting up there a bit .Biggest one for 30 years in Vic apparently.

I used to live in Rabaul, Papua New Guinea which is a very shaky place so I know what you mean about the loss of control feeling.Hope you sleep OK and that there are no aftershocks.

Judi B

I hope everyone is safe and sound after the shakeup :hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss:

mauzi

Goodness, Bobby – that would be a shock, I can’t even imagine it. Hope you and all are OK.

Robyne

My neice lives in Greensbourgh and said it felt like the washer going on its final spin,

hope every one is fine today

Word for the day EXHAUSTIPATED

means Just too tired to give a dam

Judi B

🙁 I’ve fallen from being the “Queen of the Triffids” I feel common as muck now I’m “onion face” :laugh: :laugh:

calliecat and I went over to Bell today to meet Rhonda (forest) and her DH and he can now put a face to the onions……

calliecat

I think that’s funny – I’m still laughing LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 838 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.