Aussies Living Simply

Shoutbox Part 4

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 838 total)
  • Author
    calliecat
    Participant

lovely BW 🙂

Bobbee

Congratulations BlueWren, :hug: :hug: What a beautiful baby, thank you for sharing him with us. :hug: :hug:

:hug:

Bel

Good morning everyone! Quite a few people online this morning. It’s been raining buckets this morning – great for the garden. Not so good for the garden-ing though. Despite DH telling me that we have enough fruit trees in the garden, I’ve snuck in a mandarin, fig and 4 x cherry guava trees that now need planting out. If the weather holds off for a little while, I might sneak out there anyway….

Iduna

Good morning Bel, sounds good, I have been telling my DH we need a few more fruit trees too.

*sigh* Well I should get moving tafe starts again today, not that I want to go to this morning class.

lynnie

Congrats BlueWren on becoming a nana again…. he’s gorgeous… enjoy the baby gazing 🙂

lynnie

Bel can you send some of that rain my way if you don’t mind 🙂 our place seems to have an umbrella over it… seems to rain around us lol

Bel

If only I could lynnie. I’m normally very grateful for the rain, but I’ve got a stack of gardening jobs I want to get done first! I should just toughen up and get out there in the rain, I suppose, but it’s not really good in our clay soil as it just compacts it if you dig and stomp around too much….

Bel

Morning all. More rain again over night. It’s quite wet here. Our first taste of winter. I wandered out to look at the brassicas this morning – DH covered them with bird netting to keep the pigeons from eating them. I thought they might keep out the cabbage white butterflies as well – but I was wrong. Big fat green poos were the first clue, then I saw the awful green caterpillars. Grrrr. I might try the egg shell trick when one of my leghorns starts laying again – the others lay brown eggs!

lynnie

Bel your just hogging all the rain…. *pout* hehe ohhh well I can only but dream of rain hehe

BlueWren

Bel – you only need the white inside of the egg shells, outsides doesn’t matter.So if you have white insides of any eggs just put the half shells around the brassicas with the insides up!! I do think it helps.

busylizzie
    Participant

Im having trouble posting, :pinch: whats going on ???? Oh now its working :woohoo:

BlueWren

busylizzie post=342707 wrote: Im having trouble posting, :pinch: whats going on ???? Oh now its working :woohoo:

Interesting bl.I couldn’t post at all for about 24 hours.Was trying to update my garden Log,Will try again now,

dianne
    Participant

:woohoo: LIZZIE WAS HERE!!!! :woohoo: hopfully is will be back soon again :whistle: :hug: to BL

busylizzie
    Participant

Hi Di :wave: Yeah Im back, been super busy (holidaying, marketing, Jamming, Beeing,) not gardening thou. 🙁 Will catch up with all the news soon and update my log :hug:

:wave: To all you other lovely ppl out there :hug:

Off to cut my BOB free :woohoo:

Bel

Hi all :wave: Welcome back Biz Liz. Thanks for the tip re egg shells BlueWren – I didn’t think of putting them upside down to reveal the white inside :blush:

Sitting here watching the chickens in the back yard. How long do you think it’ll take before they find the newly sprouted pea seedlings??…

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 838 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.