Aussies Living Simply

Shoutbox Part 4

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 838 total)
  • Author
    ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Hi Judi B have is your satellite tv up and running yet?

RobyneRobyne

Son was saying last night that 5 Woolies stores in this state will be closed as they are not making the big bucks that they thought they were. So the buildings will be empty for vandals to have fun in and maybe fires and all the shops that were open around the store will also have to close as noone will go there. It happened in a store in NSW where the supermarket closed down and the stores left had to leave as the scum bags moved in ans damaged the stores that were empty. :shrug:

I asked what about the staff he said as most of Woolies and Coles new workers are all casual they won’t give a rats about them. 🙁

He is still hanging in there full time but he said its only time. He has told them he will take a package if offered. So time will tell.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

ballamara post=338474 wrote: Hi Judi B have is your satellite tv up and running yet?

Up and running but we still have to figure it out :S :laugh: we watch some of the adverts and think that is a good idea/price DH says should go look at it but thing is the advert is for Alice Springs or Mt Isa … just a tad too far to go.

Just tried to download the Sunrise segment with Rhonda and after an hour I gave up took that long just to get 56secs…. so when we get the drive done I think satellite BB is next on the agenda.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

never thought I would see the day when I heard woolies would be closing – :huh:

unfortunately it is all about the workers being left 🙁

pennypenny

out of plaster but still limping and everything takes sooo long to do-all a bit frustrating really

BobbeeBobbee

You’ll get there Penny, at least you are out of plaster, it must feel so much freer and not hot and sticky and itchy. :hug:

I’ve been drying tomatoes, water bathing tomatoes, freezing tomatoes, separating and freezing tomato juice and keeping all the different kinds of tomato seeds separate right through the drying and labelling and packing away process. I do enjoy it but sometimes I so feel a bit under the hammer. :S 🙂

Every thing must be done whilst the fruit is in superb condition. :tup:

And the plums just can’t wait any longer so now I’ll be plumming and tommatoing on the same days or maybe alternate days. :woohoo:

Gives me a wonderful feeling of achievement though. :tup:

:hug:

pennypenny

It is great when you can do so much for yourself and it is satisfying. I loaded the car trailer, kindly lent by the young lad next door, with a load of colourbond sheeting from my sons house. They are knocking it down and rebuilding and are living with us till it is finished. All five of them two dogs and a big fish tank moved in. Anyway I was going to take it all to the farm today but the foot swelled, it was so hot by the time I had loaded it and then I remembered all the stuff I need to pick up to go so I am going tomorrow instead. In the end it worked out a bit better because I will be able to leave early and the drive up will be cooler for my two dogs on the tray of the ute. Needless to say my garden has suffered from the dogs as the were getting to know each other. My eldest grandson(11) is keen to set up an Aquaponics system so that will be our next task. All in all life is hectic but I wouldn’t miss it for quids.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Well that was a storm and a half lightning was shocking and the power went off, we haven’t put the satellite TV box back on yet …. hope it comes straight back and no mucking around. We don’t have the head for it no sleep yappy was at it till about 3 this morning and we got up at 7 us old farts need our sleep.

Had a call this morning from a neighbour and he said that today 21-2-12 was going to be a bad day he was right.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

no power lost here Judi, made sure I got a cuppa coffee tho, in case it did lol – but all good here,

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

callie running joke on this side of town …. the lines got wet so the power went off :laugh:

I can have a cuppa even when the power does go off gas stove :tup:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

oohh yes, all elec here, – gotta get in quick just in case LOL

BlueWrenBlueWren

Get yourself a little butane gas camping stove , if you are able to use one healthwise.

Very heavy rain here but no significant lightning and thunder,and the rain broke for just long enough for a quick dash to shut up the chooks.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

satellite TV box came back no problem so DH is watching TV now.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Could someonePLEASE STOP the rain its pouring rain here right now, we really need the gully to stop running so we can pour some concrete.

GrethGreth

send it this way please, much as you can!

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 838 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.