Aussies Living Simply

Shoutbox Part 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 838 total)
  • Author
    Lady Bee
    Keymaster

Time to start a new thread – continues from here.

Please continue to gossip/chat/announce here.

kerrieb

Back to winter today here Yuck! Although the 1 1/2 inches of rain the last couple of days was very welcome.

porgey

The rain is a peach. Glad it coincides with the waxing crescent moon cycle as I can start sowing lots of beans, peas, corn, cucurbits etc and prepare for full moon planting in a fortnight.

Karyn26, I agree with you about the difference between useful tip finds, potential s**t & actual s**t. A good tip though about tip hunting is look out for old timber. You have to be wary of lead paint but with a bit of work you can restore some old wood which has magnificent grain and makes wonderful furniture, toys etc. As for old TVs well that would be fantasy land if I bought one of those home.

BlueWren

Oh you lucky people being able to tip forage ……..although DH might find it a bit too tempting!!! 😉 Nice rain here last night, 13ml in a big storm, 17 ml and 57ml in other recent storms , so I’m off to snaffle mulch from my Sis inlaw.My rellie of tomato seed fame bought her $200 worth ……at 75 just a tad more than she can handle!Or need.Rellie lives in Mt Isa.Think there’s another storm on the way though so mulch may have to wait.

Bobbee

:wave:

Hi people :wave:

I am most excited because I have jerusalem artichokes and arrowroot popping out of the ground and I have never grown them before. The rain storm the other day must have given them a boost. :tup:

My new guinea beans are growing well, one of them is a bit over 2 metres tall now, I haven’t grown them before either. :tup:

Have fun with the mulch BlueWren, if the weather allows of course. :tup: I always feel like I am tucking the plants safely into bed when I mulch. 😆

Bobbs :hug: :hug: :hug:

PS: Thanks for taking care of us Lady B. :hug: :hug:

froot_loopz

I started some alfalfa seeds off yesterday, never grown them before, I dont eat them,

Im amazed to see the little white tails coming out of them already

😆

kerrieb

I’m happy to see the yacon coming up it was in a spot being decimated by the chickens before they were all locked up in their new escape proof run. Leghorns are escape artists. I pulled up a wheelbarrow full of weeds out of my native garden today (only about six more to go) the chooks think its great when I throw them in to them.

dianne
    Participant

:wave: Lizzie, how did the markets go??

busylizzie
    Participant

dianne post=328324 wrote: :wave: Lizzie, how did the markets go??

:wave: Di, Market went well, wasnt very busy, crappy showery weather but still made a bit more $$ then last time, I put my prices up a tad, am busy making Strawb jam, bought a tray (15punnets/$15) from the stall nearby, at the end he gave me another tray for free, 32 punnets to make jam :jawdrop: sorta makes up for the 50 or so plants the damn lambs destroyed. Another market to prepare for in 4.5weeks. Hows things up there with you. :hug:

busylizzie
    Participant

:wave: Morning Weavey old girl, just finished PMing you. Hows the garden log going?????????

weaver

Just wrote you a long message and lost it. Lucky I was careful and copied it before it disappeared for good. Garden log is going great but is only available to lovely kind souls!!!!!!!! :blink:

dianne
    Participant

busylizzie post=328411 wrote:

:wave: Lizzie, how did the markets go??

:wave: Di, Market went well, wasnt very busy, crappy showery weather but still made a bit more $$ then last time, I put my prices up a tad, am busy making Strawb jam, bought a tray (15punnets/$15) from the stall nearby, at the end he gave me another tray for free, 32 punnets to make jam :jawdrop: sorta makes up for the 50 or so plants the damn lambs destroyed. Another market to prepare for in 4.5weeks. Hows things up there with you. :hug:

:wave: So what you are saying is ” Im rolling in it” 😉 wish I could pick up strawberrys for $1 a punnet :jawdrop:

As for things up here, well, lets just say Ive been better. we have had a few weird things happen, DH found some of the bolts on the trailer lossened and one of our birds has gone missing. DH said it must of gotten out but unless they have learnt to shut the cage door behind them I thing it was taken. I keep hearing people a little to close to the house at night and yesterday I nearly didnt go pick up DD from school because the local rif raf (Im outting that nicely) were riding around out the front of the house, they live a block away, and I was convinced they were casing the place and waiting for me to leave. Im more screared now than when we were brocken into. So as I have been inside for most of the time the garden has pretty much died off, a few things still kicking on but not much. Still trying to talk DH into that house I showed you with the walk in pantry, at the moment I am ready to pay the extra money just to get away. Anyway, enough of my complaining, hows your garden going? any left with those cheaky and cutie pie lambs of yours? :laugh:

busylizzie
    Participant

Mmm, site keeps coming up with fatal errors, anyway, in reply to your “lovely kind souls” remark, I take it you mean there are none at all on ALS :jawdrop:

Oh Di, call the police and have the riff raff moved on if you need to, then tell DH your moving with or with out him :pinch:

Garden is going slowly, the rain is still falling falling falling :angry: Seedlings ready to go in but to wet. Lambs are still living, just, as is the dog, 1 less chook 👿

weaver

Do you mean to say you cant access it Lizzie :woohoo: :jawdrop: 😛 😛

busylizzie
    Participant

weaver post=328453 wrote: Do you mean to say you cant access it Lizzie :woohoo: :jawdrop: 😛 😛

smart arse :angry:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 838 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.