Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Shout Box – Part 5

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Shout Box – Part 5

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    IdunaIduna

I’m now up to cert 3 in IT this semester, I have already done the cert 1 & 2 in it and I thought it would look better going with my cert 3 in Health Admin & cert 3 in Business Admin (medical).

I’m going to be speaking to the whole sale butcher near the tafe today, the guy that takes the orders wasn’t there on the weekend, but I did hear they already have 3 other orders of that size that mine will be going with. They do sides for $6kg. I’m going in to talk about how I want it cut up after I spend the morning at tafe sorting what I can out. It’s not the first time something like this has happened and it doesn’t end well for me.

pennypenny

Hi Folks

I haven’t been on for a while but glad to be able to have a quick look in again. Since my last visit I have completed my Permaculture Design Course I’ve been meaning to do it for years now and finally made time to do it!

BelBel

Well done penny! And welcome back 🙂

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Good job Penny, it’s a nice feeling to get a goal accomplished :clap:

BobbeeBobbee

Yep Pooh Bear it was Bel, thank you. The choc was a great success and our mid-week weekend was fantastic as usual.

Hi Penny, we’ve missed you. Congratulations on achieving another goal, well done!

Hope your Tafe business goes better than you expect Iduna, that will be a pleasant surprise.

🙂

IdunaIduna

Well I’m happy today, it’s like Christmas day. I picked up my side of beef from the butcher, worked out to 53kgs. The only bones I have are in the osso bucco and the t-bones. I’m already working out how I want the next side cut.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

yum

roundthebendroundthebend

Hi Bob’s :), I drop in for a look see now and then but have had a horror run with my health in the last year so haven’t been as active in the garden. But hoping I can get into more soon with spring on it’s way as I get this irresistible urge to get my hands into some dirt!

BelBel

Hi RTB :wave: Long time no see. I hope you’re feeling better soon and get back into the garden more often.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

its starting to warm up here in Adelaide, please please dont let it be a tease, Ive loved the weather the last few days, well once Ive gotten home form work. I even spent 2 hours mowing my backyard this arvo, it was so nice.

jaden62jaden62

It’s been a tease froot_loopz. It’s bucketing down out there at the moment. I put washing on the line last night… Oh well, it’s getting another rinsing.

Hopefully I’m going to be able to get a whole stack of newspapers over the weekend & start to mulch the area I want my garden to be. Yes, I’m starting late (for starting a garden, anyway), but I’m still trying to pull apart the garden @ the old place & the weeds in the new garden are getting ambitious. Plus I’ve busted up my shoulder, so it’s a little hard doing any of the heavy work I need to do.

However, I’ve currently got 2 different types of lettuce, rocket, broccoli, & 3 tomato plants out there – 2 are ferals & while they don’t seem to be really growing, they aren’t dying either! I tried putting plastic around the beds to protect the plants & give them more warmth, but the wind came & ripped it all apart.

Hi RBT, I hope your health is on a big improve… I’ve had a heart attack on Anzac Day and my life has had a huge change as well… xxxx

pennypenny

Heart attack and a broken shoulder are no fun. Hope you are both on the mend and will be fighting fit soon. I shall now stop whinging about my stuffy head.

thanks Penny… xxxx

RavykRavyk

Hope you heal well Starting Over!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.