Aussies Living Simply

Shout Box – Part 5

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Shout Box – Part 5

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    froot_loopz

back to work tomorrow.

trying to find some motivation

mudhen

I am hearing you, Froot_Loopz! My kids get an extra day off and I’m envious! Still, there’s a lot to look forward to this term, and I’m loving this good autumn weather. Just unfortunate that my to-do list keeps getting longer. I hope things go well for you this term too.

Bobbee

Wowee…..all the tanks including the overflow tanks are full and….err…..ummm…. overflowing. Eureka!!!!!!!!

With the rain comes the cold but I enjoy the winter so I’m happy. :woohoo:

🙂

Robyne

Light went out in the fridge. we couldn’t get the cover off the front

so I rang the company to see if there was a trick to pullin git off without breaking the cover

The guy said no you have to get us to come out and do it for you, AT $165 and hour from door to door.

As we are 90 mins form the city that is 180 minutes travelling time and then probably an hour to do a 2 min job.

So hubby went on facebook and asked if anyone could help.

Up pop a website as someone had the same problem. Page 15 was printed out on how to do it.

5 mins later the cover was off, and the light out. New light went in today full cost under $5

Big difference to what LG wanted.

I know companies are doing it tuff but there is a difference between help and greed.

froot_loopz

yep I agree Robyne.

my light on my fridge has been out for a while, found the manual on how to replace it, but it all seems a little difficult so it can stay off a bit longer

froot_loopz

well I have a touch of vertigo.

friday headspins, and a tingly head

saturday balance had deserted me.

not so bad now, but still have little trips, fell over a couple of times LOL

Bobbee

Hope you start feeling better froot-loopz, vertigo is no joke. :hug: Cold compresses on forehead and back of neck often help and sipping ginger beer or ginger tea can help with the nausea.

🙂

froot_loopz

thanks bobbee, still have it but not as bad.

hope everything is okay in your part of the world

Bel

Hi everyone. Haven’t been on here for a while. Life sure does get busy, doesn’t it?! Seems it’s been pretty quiet here as I don’t seem to have missed much. I’ve done a bit of gardening in the last few weeks – at least I have planted some garlic, broad beans and peas and cleared away the last of the summer veg. I still have the last few red tomatoes and raspberries from the vines – can you believe it?! Planning to plant the rest of the winter veg on the weekend – kohl rabi, turnips, swedes, parsnips, beets, silverbeet, snow peas, onions, leeks and maybe some carrots. Hoping I’ll check in here next week and they’ll all be in the ground!!

Bobbee

Gee fruit-loopz that vertigo is hanging around a bit, have you been, or thought of going to the doc? :hug:

Nice to see you Bel. :wave:

🙂

froot_loopz

back to docs today, also have a tingling head.

jaden62

w/b Bel. I’ve also had the last of my tomatoes recently, rhubarb & habeneros are going mad as are spinach & the few beetroot I’ve got in. Got a pumpkin still finalising itself, & cauliflowers, broccoli & 1 red brussel sprout in. The rest of the garden is an absolute disaster zone because I just haven’t had time to be in there.

We’re currently looking for a new house with a larger yard, a workshop & a “man cave”. So between house hunting, working & hubby trying to get me to learn how to make jewellery “on the run” (to go with his leather working), I’m not sure if I’m Arthur or Martha!

Bobbee

froot_loopz post=356356 wrote: back to docs today, also have a tingling head.

:hug: z

Bel

Busy day baking today/yesty. Made a massive pot of beef stock yesterday – about 5 litres or so after about 7 hours of cooking. Today I baked fruit loaf, fruit buns, wholemeal loaves, French sticks and French onion soup. I’ll be making chocolate beetroot brownies after dinner. Yum! Perfect weekend for cooking. I just wish I had time to squeeze in some sewing as well….

Bel

PS Just wanted to say that I’ve missed you guys here at ALS. Haven’t been on here much lately, but will try to pop in more often :hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.