Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Shout Box – Part 5

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Shout Box – Part 5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Continues from Part 4

Enjoy! :nice: :hug:

RobyneRobyne

Just been up to our major shopping center and its already crazy with shoppers. :woohoo:

glad I have all my christmas shopping done and out of the way

Just have a few more bits to get for the meal

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

hello all – was rather hot here earlier, but has cooled down somewhat,

storm is abrewing, hope we get it

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Just went down the fields on my ATV. Get back, park under the carport as usual, hadn’t even got off when a white-browed scrub wren with a mouth full of stuff flies in underneath it. I sit and listen, can hear it scrabbling around under there, so figure it’s getting some more bits of stuff for where ever it’s nesting. When it emerges, I notice it now has nothing in its beak. What?

So I get off and watch from behind the screen door as it gathers up a beak full of hair from when our cows were brushed a couple of days ago and then flies under my ATV again. This happens a number of times. Conclusion – they’re building a nest in the depths of my ATV. I think I can see where they’re going, it’s behind the radiator, behind the fairing, in front of the front shock absorbers.

BlueWrenBlueWren

That’s a tricky one allright!! :jawdrop: What will you do?

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

goodness!!!

BobbeeBobbee

Hi folks, :wave:

What a dilemma LadyB. Hope you let us know how you deal with that situation. :ohmy:

I have a wee dilemma of my own, I bought a tomatillo plant for only $2.95 at one of the local shops. I googled ‘tomatillos’ because I know nothing about them so I have found out they are a vine, like full sun and need watering often in summer AND I need at least one more plant to ensure fruiting, preferably 3 or 4 plants.

What a bummer !!!!!

My job next week will be to source some more tomatillo plants. :laugh:

:hug:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Birds build in some strange places…

I think there is a conspiracy going on about our driveway, we sat by the phone all yesterday arvo and today waiting for a call that the excavator operator was coming, we got a call today but just one ring and the line was dead so DH hung up I waited a few minutes to see if there was a message and there was none, about 2.5 hrs later I picked up the phone only to find there was a message at the exact time that we had the call 2.15pm :S mind you this has been going on for the past few years now.

kerriebkerrieb

I’m rather pleased my kentish (sour) cherry has a few flowers on it for the first time. We might get one or two each for Christmas if I’m lucky.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Picked the first apricot today

BobbeeBobbee

:jawdrop: It’s very quiet on site these days. Quite lonely really!!!

Maybe folks are flat strap preparing for Christmas. We’ve had a busy 2 days at our place. A twin trunk eucalypt decided to drop one side of itself right across a fence and all over three of a neighbours above ground veg gardens.

Quite a large half a tree it was. It sure made a mess.

But, as with most things, there is a bright side to the story, lots of fire wood AND a garden seat or two or three. Mr Bobbs has already chainsawed one seat, might be able to post a pic or two one day.

However it will be the moving of these seats up the paddock and into position that will take some working out. Howsomedever as I am past lugging, pushing, shoving or levering stupendously heavy objects like that, I will watch and applaud and provide restoring cups of beveridge for the workers.

Sometimes it is good to be a mature-age person. :tup:

BelBel

Hi Bobbee :wave: You’re right – very quiet here these days. Sounds like you’ve had a busy time with your gum tree! Your poor neighbours veggie gardens 🙁

Now that DH has finished our wood oven, we’re looking for firewood wherever we can get it! My dad chopped down some trees at my cousins house recently and left the wood in the driveway at my Nonna’s house. We’ve been picking it off bit by bit because my Nonna is sick of it sitting there!

I’ve been flat-out trying to get our spring garden going. The weeds are growing much faster than the veggies though! Looking forward to the days stretching out a bit longer, then we’ll have more time for gardening. :tup: DS’s year 2 class is coming to check out the garden next Monday – they’re walking here from school. Apparently they’re learning about ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ and how we put those principles to use in our garden. Should be fun. Pity they’re not coming the week after, because then we’d have some hatched chicks!

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

:wave: :wave:

my heads not in a good space, even the medication isnt helping so I havent been popping in much and Ive been busy playing cricket.

Hope everyone is well

BobbeeBobbee

froot_loopz post=350485 wrote: :wave: :wave:

my heads not in a good space, even the medication isnt helping so I havent been popping in much and Ive been busy playing cricket.

Hope everyone is well

Hi froot_loopz :wave: So sorry you’re not feeling so good. I hope your health starts to pick up soon. Here’s a hug or two to show we are thinking about you, :hug:

:hug: :hug:

It’s good you are playing cricket, it has to help to get out and active with other folks. I’m walking miles to a couple of Power Walking dvd’s so my health and fitness are improving, the weight loss is an added bonus. :tup:

Once again, all the best with your health issues. Keep your chin up. :kiss:

BobbeeBobbee

Bel post=350384 wrote: Hi Bobbee :wave: You’re right – very quiet here these days. Sounds like you’ve had a busy time with your gum tree! Your poor neighbours veggie gardens 🙁

Now that DH has finished our wood oven, we’re looking for firewood wherever we can get it! My dad chopped down some trees at my cousins house recently and left the wood in the driveway at my Nonna’s house. We’ve been picking it off bit by bit because my Nonna is sick of it sitting there!

I’ve been flat-out trying to get our spring garden going. The weeds are growing much faster than the veggies though! Looking forward to the days stretching out a bit longer, then we’ll have more time for gardening. :tup: DS’s year 2 class is coming to check out the garden next Monday – they’re walking here from school. Apparently they’re learning about ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ and how we put those principles to use in our garden. Should be fun. Pity they’re not coming the week after, because then we’d have some hatched chicks!

Nice to bump into you Bel. :hug:

Once all the wood was removed from the neighbours garden beds there was surpriseingly little damage, lucky for them. :clap:

Bet the youngsters enjoy themselves checking out your garden. It’s a great way for anyone to learn, to see ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ in action. I can just imagine the kiddies going home and telling their own folk what they should be doing. :cheer:

It is a pity about them missing the newly hatched chicks though, any possibility of a repeat visit, or is that to much to ask? :blink:

At the moment we are busy preparing an outdoor area to go with our barbecue and cob oven area. We have family coming for a vist in a couple of weeks and want to get it finished before they arrive. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.