Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

SBS Future Fear

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    GeoffGeoff
    Keymaster

The following Dateline program covered people preparing for future catastrophes, might interest some. Nothing new for anyone who has been reading the various PO threads here.

http://www.sbs.com.au/dateline/story/about/id/600742/n/Future-Fear

gleanertgleanert

:tup: thanks.

WombatWombat

Yep, thanks Geoff. Interesting but nothing really new….

New

BootstrapperBootstrapper

The impression I got, was that the show was aiming to discredit everyone associated with the Peak Oil debate, by lumping them all together with ‘those crazy survivalists’.

The mainstream media is still in denial about PO.

SurvegalistSurvegalist

Sorry but,I don’t think the mainstream media could organise a “Fart” at a cabbage festival.All that first bloke would achieve is killing his wife and kid with that sort of prepping.The bunker-man would have been a snake oil salesman in a past life,realisticly,I recon he would have the door shut good and proper by the time any payed up hopefulls ever got to the bunker.The only “credable” part of that effort was the gardeners.

MileyMoonMileyMoon

I don’t get SBS so thanks for this link… :tup:

I think… You would want to be REALLY prepared if you lived in California even if you didn’t believe in any of the end of the world scenarios.

Also, I never understand why it’s a bad thing… being prepared doesn’t hurt anyone else and not being prepared is just crazy and neglectful.

The reporter even had a little snigger about the girl making ice cream! lucky he didn’t come to this house 😉

BootstrapperBootstrapper

That’s the idea, Survegalist. Lumping the nutbag and the bunker-man with the gardener, discredits them all. As the part of the propagandising class, the MSM has a vested interest in keeping people in and dependant on the ‘system’.

WombatWombat

Interesting that the first yankee fella’s preparations included a flick knife though…..

roadwarriorroadwarrior

I’m surprised it didn’t include a bazooka.

WombatWombat

Or my favourites – claymore mines and Rocket propelled grenades!:lol:

Nev

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.