Aussies Living Simply

Say yes to the rights of Nature!

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Petitions Say yes to the rights of Nature!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Bobbee post=356892 wrote: ooops! Just fell flat on my face!

Never mind.

🙂

:laugh:

Just pick yourself up & keep going Bobbee.. LMAO :tup:

BobbeeBobbee

hehehehe :laugh:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

🙂 … I think so!

BobbeeBobbee

Indeed!

🙂

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

The outer environment is a reflection of our collective inner environments. United Natures explores ‘permaculture of the inner landscape’ and how we need to work on ourselves as much as working for the earth. Practising personal sustainability.

http://unitednaturesmovie.com/

MumchookMumchook

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Humbug.

PS, I haven’t been here for a while but was emailed a query at the Poultry group so visited there this morning. Hi!! :wave:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hi there Mumchook, nice to see you.. however brief it was :wave:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

South American country’s leaders are on the brink of passing a revolutionary set of rules that would grant nature equal rights to humans–a first of its kind.

Known as the Law of Mother Earth (“Ley de Derechos de La Madre Tierra” in Spanish), the legislation will create 11 distinguished rights for the environment, as The Guardian outlines:

They include: the right to life and to exist; the right to continue vital cycles and processes free from human alteration; the right to pure water and clean air; the right to balance; the right not to be polluted; and the right to not have cellular structure modified or genetically altered.

http://www.activistmemes.com/2013/06/16/does-mother-nature-deserve-the-same-protection-as-your-own-mother/

WillowWillow

I cannot imagine anything more disturbing than this concept of giving rights to Nature as an entity. There is no way I would support any move to prevent me living simply and sustainably.

I live on a cleared block that 100 years ago was eucalypt scrub. I choose to grow my own food including vegetables fruit and several types of meat animals.

Someone possibly jealous of my land or with another agenda may determine that it is nature’s right to return this land to it’s original state and take me to court for a breach of nature’s rights.

The extent and limit of these rights will need to be tested in a court of law and there is always a lawyer or two trying to make a name for themselves by bringing a case to push those limits.

Simple, sustainable living will only be acheived when we stop looking at the global picture and begin to fix up things in our own backyards.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.