Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Say yes to the rights of Nature!

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Petitions Say yes to the rights of Nature!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

The Rights of Mother Earth campaign aims to create a grassroots movement to bring about a global recognition and acceptance of Rights of Nature. An essential step for achieving this is to introduce a system of jurisprudence that sees and treats Nature as a fundamental, rights bearing entity and not as mere property to be exploited at will.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/yes-to-rights-of-nature/?cid=FB_TAF

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

In case you were wondering what jurisprudence is (cause I was), Wikipedia says:

Jurisprudence is the study and theory of law. Scholars of jurisprudence, or legal theorists (including legal philosophers and social theorists of law), hope to obtain a deeper understanding of the nature of law, of legal reasoning, legal systems and of legal institutions. Modern jurisprudence began in the 18th century and was focused on the first principles of the natural law, civil law, and the law of nations. General jurisprudence can be broken into categories both by the type of question scholars seek to answer and by the theories of jurisprudence, or schools of thought, regarding how those questions are best answered. Contemporary philosophy of law, which deals with general jurisprudence, addresses problems in two rough groups:

(1.) Problems internal to law and legal systems as such.

(2.) Problems of law as a particular social institution as it relates to the larger political and social situation in which it exists.

:whistle:

XioXio

What’s next?

Xio

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Xio post=356863 wrote: What’s next?

Xio

:shrug:

Hmmm.. yeah, I wonder… what is next ?

🙂

BobbeeBobbee

Xio post=356863 wrote: What’s next?

Xio

Signing the petition.

🙂

XioXio

Sorry, this petition is not for me & there are a few reasons why.

SnagsSnags

The business as usual fantasy only works if polluting is cheap.

Most people prefer to live beyond the earth’s means and let future generations pay for their lifestyle.

AirgeadAirgead

Xio post=356872 wrote: Sorry, this petition is not for me & there are a few reasons why.

I’m sure prople would love to hear your reasons. There are many points of view on this sort of thing.

Cheers

Dave

BobbeeBobbee

Xio post=356872 wrote: Sorry, this petition is not for me & there are a few reasons why.

That’s fine by me Xio, ‘each to his own’; but you asked “what’s next” and I suggested what, to me, was ‘next’.

Airgead posted:

Xio wrote:

Sorry, this petition is not for me & there are a few reasons why.

I’m sure prople would love to hear your reasons. There are many points of view on this sort of thing.

Cheers

Dave

And, like Dave says probably many folk would be interested in your reasons. Of course if you have no wish to tell your reasons at this time then that is quite ok too.

🙂

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

BobbeeBobbee

:clap:

Wow thank you Hummers, I just love that Albert Einstein quote. I agree with him whole-heartedly, that’s how I am trying to live my life.

Trying being the operative word!!

Now I’m off to try the movie link, woohoooooo!!!!

🙂

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

BobbeeBobbee

ooops! Just fell flat on my face!

Never mind.

🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.