RipeNear.Me – a website for connecting local people and locally grown food – needs help
- Registered Users
- Topic Tags
RipeNear.Me is all about connecting local people with locally grown food, and reducing wastage. They have less than 24 hours left to reach their target on their crowd funding campaign: http://startsomegood.com/ripenearme so if anyone has a spare few dollars it would be great to see them reach their target
If they reach their target it will allow them to develop”
– Seed, seedling and cutting sharing.
– Compost, green waste, coffee grounds, and garden worms (etc) sharing
– User-groups, so communities can form, collaborate and create events
– Partnerships with food banks and charities to allow user-groups to donate excess produce in bulk to those in need.
– Reminders, expiries and other tools to improve listing accuracy and user to user response rates.
They have been kicking around on the net for a few years now and have not really done much and their interface was difficult to use (I had my honey listed on there) so I gave up. It will be interesting to see when it gets going properly as it has terrific potential.
GirlFriday, did you contact the people behind the website, I know they are keen to know if something doesn’t work properly, or is not very easy to use
I have just registered and quite like it although not many using it yet!
We’re winding down our veggie garden for the move but hope to use it when we get set up again.
Ripe Near Me is a great initiative and they did get their crowd-funding (much to their relief). I interviewed the founders Alistair and Helena recently about future directions for the site: http://rosehipsandrhubarb.com/interview-founders-ripe-near-me/
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.