Aussies Living Simply

RipeNear.Me – a website for connecting local people and locally grown food – needs help

Home Forums HOMEMADE In the Garden RipeNear.Me – a website for connecting local people and locally grown food – needs help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vanessa

RipeNear.Me is all about connecting local people with locally grown food, and reducing wastage. They have less than 24 hours left to reach their target on their crowd funding campaign: http://startsomegood.com/ripenearme so if anyone has a spare few dollars it would be great to see them reach their target

If they reach their target it will allow them to develop”
    – Seed, seedling and cutting sharing.
    – Compost, green waste, coffee grounds, and garden worms (etc) sharing
    – User-groups, so communities can form, collaborate and create events
    – Partnerships with food banks and charities to allow user-groups to donate excess produce in bulk to those in need.
    – Reminders, expiries and other tools to improve listing accuracy and user to user response rates.

This is a good article from one of the co-founders:
    GirlFriday

They have been kicking around on the net for a few years now and have not really done much and their interface was difficult to use (I had my honey listed on there) so I gave up. It will be interesting to see when it gets going properly as it has terrific potential.

Vanessa

GirlFriday, did you contact the people behind the website, I know they are keen to know if something doesn’t work properly, or is not very easy to use

lmd80

I have just registered and quite like it although not many using it yet!

Ashilleong

We’re winding down our veggie garden for the move but hope to use it when we get set up again.

Ripe Near Me is a great initiative and they did get their crowd-funding (much to their relief).  I interviewed the founders Alistair and Helena recently about future directions for the site: http://rosehipsandrhubarb.com/interview-founders-ripe-near-me/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.