Aussies Living Simply

Resizing Your Pictures

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Tutorials Resizing Your Pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Doc

This article is designed to help those of you running Windows XP who want to resize one or more pictures to upload to the ALS site or to a picture server site such as photobucket.com.

Before you follow these instructions, if you are scanning your own pictures make sure that you are scanning at no more than 300 dpi.

Check your scanner manual if you do not know how to check or PM me with the name/brand of the scanner and I can help you there.

Step 1

Download the Microsoft PowerToys called ImageResizer (about halfway down the page) Click here

Step 2

Install the program by double clicking on the program

Step 3

Right click your mouse on the picture that you wish to resize and it will bring up a new option in the menu. Left click on the Resize Pictures option.

Step 4

Choose which option you want from the menu. Small is usually adequate or try Custom fit a 500 X 375 screen (you type in the numbers).

When you have finished, check the names that the program has given your new pictures. They may be named yourpic (small).jpg and you will need to rename them to get rid of the space between the name and the bracketed ‘small’, if you know what I mean.

Alternatively, pick the option that changes the original picture size and does not leave copies.

Away you go with smaller piccies and the ability to impress the world with greatness.

Hope this helps

Doc 😉

Doc

Bumped for people new to the site

Bumpingly yours

Doc 😉

agatboo

what would you use for mac. thanks Agnes

Doc

Hi Agnes :wave:

Sorry, I am unable to help with specifics, but I believe there is a small program that you can download for the mac called iZoom.

It seems to do the same thing. :geek:

PCingly yours

Doc 😉

Lyn Bagnall

Thanks for that Doc. When I was having trouble with resizing for my Mac, arvee rudra sent me this PM. I’m sure he won’t mind me sharing it with you.

Lyn I read in a post you had trouble with resizing your images and posted a response but then realised you might not see it. I use resize 1.4.2 and there is also toyviewer which is good. Both are free downloads for mac.

http://kstudio.net/re.html (resize 1.4.2)

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~ogihara/software/OSX/toyv-eng.html

regards, Richard

bernie

hey Doc i downloaded the resizer tried to post a photo & it kept saying that it was an invalid image filename but when i tried to change the name it tells me that to change the file extension name it can make the file become unusable any advise cheers Bernie

marigold

change the filename, but not the extension

Eerm, just realised the thread is old – how come its marked unread?

well I guess this’ll bump it again anyway:D

Edited to add that I’m apparently colour blind !!

Doc

When there are a lot of new people joining ALS some threads get bumped so they can learn quickly how to post piccies :metal:

There are some great pix being uploaded to the gallery sections :clap:

bumpingly yours

Doc 😉

marigold

We need a list to say ‘go see so-and-so’s’ album – new piccies added

new people joining ALS some threads get bumped

Yeah, I got that when I got over my colour blindness!:lol:

Bobbee

Fanks Doc. :clap:

I dun it!!!!…. Yaaa Hooooo ……..and it werks. :tup:

Homagingly yours,

Bobsicles :hug::hug::hug:

starruby

Doc it won’t let me use it I think its because I have Vista??

Sandra

jcj57

starruby wrote:

Doc it won’t let me use it I think its because I have Vista??

Sandra

The Image Resizer PowerToy which was originally written for Windows XP, does not work in Windows Vista. However, there is a similar tool available for Windows Vista, written by Shahar Prish of Microsoft.

http://blogs.msdn.com/cumgranosalis/archive/2007/07/30/image-resizer-for-vista-and-xp-just-a-right-click-away-from-explorer.aspx (Tells you about it)

http://prishcom.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!6A6A204ABDF15411!128.entry (this is the download link)

Going to install this on my home computer tonight.

Anonymous

try irfan view free esy to use dowload. been using it for around 10 years now.

http://www.irfanview.com/

len

Doc

Bumped for people new to the site

Bumpingly yours

Doc 😉

Doc

Bumped again coz there are heaps of new members around :jawdrop:

doc-ingly yours

Doc 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.