Aussies Living Simply

Ref that washing machine thread recently.

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself Ref that washing machine thread recently.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BlueWrenBlueWren

Just a thought.Aldi have 9Kg top loaders, no middle thingy, stainless steel bowl, auto , several wash programmes next Thursday for $399 with a two year warranty.I don’t know what the energy rating etc will be.We have bought a few electrical things from Aldi with no problems, including mowers and three computers, ie two PC’s and a laptop.Anyone got an Aldi washing machine? We bought one when my F & P began playing up but I found a way to “move on” the F & P so haven’t used the Aldi machine yet.Incidentally the pull cord on one of the Aldi mowers did go after a lot of use – DH push mows acres of grass from choice – and the manufacturer couriered up a replacement within 48 hours.

BullseyeBullseye

Here’s the Aldi 9kg washer, it appears to be branded as Stirling.

Thanks for the info BlueWren.

mountainmummountainmum

That seems very cheap, and 9kg is HUGE- I’m almost tempted myself! I do love my F&P toploader though, the only problem is its too small now we are a family (I think 5.5kg) so frequent washing. Next time I would buy bigger.

I found a couple of reviews for the Aldi machine, mixed reviews as most things have –

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/stirling-aldi-9kg.html

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/lumina-aldi-9kg-top-loader.html

(Pretty sure the lumina is the same just renamed)

SnagsSnags

My washing machine threw a belt the other week,being over 20 years old and no longer made finding a belt was days and days of fun,even contacting the suppliers Australian agent was useless,contacting Australian agents of imported machines that use the same belt was useless too.Its finally coming from the UK via a French Canadian site.
    Hope it works.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

blue wren LOVES her aldi washing machine, apparently it’s a bosch one??

hope it works snags,

SnagsSnags

Thanks fingers crossed they send the right one,and it fits.Otherwise Im going to have to wait for Aldis next one
    Nearly everything eventually gets replaced with Aldi stuff here when it dies here.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

The Archimedes screw on our tackers has given up the ghost, and we are having the devils own job finding another, it would seem they are not made any more either. It’s only 40 odd years old it could have lasted a bit longer.   

SnagsSnags

Your going to struggle replacing that I havent seen one at Aldi yet unfortunately 😉

SnagsSnags

Do you have a photo ?

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

yes but up loading it is another matter all together.I am computer challenged at the best of times.

SnagsSnags

When you leave a comment in the bottom left hand corner it says add a file in blue.If the file is in your computer you can add it and it should show it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.