Aussies Living Simply

Red Rooster Absurdity

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Red Rooster Absurdity

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dierich
    Participant

I just made my second ever visit to Red Rooster, and it’ll be my last!! The sign outside said “1/4 chicken and chips – $4.95”. Wanting some chicken for lunch in I went, ordered my chicken with no chips and was told $5.95! But your sign says $4.95. Young lad replies I know, that’s a special, its normally $8 something. So would you like the special? Yes please, but just don’t make the chips. We have to make the chips. But I don’t want them. Sorry, its the special. Well, if I don’t take the chips what will you do with them? THROW THEM AWAY :jawdrop: Are you kidding me? No, ok then, give me the chips in a separate container.

Result – two happy teenagers walking down the street wondering why on earth someone would give away their chips; a couple of other confused customers left shaking their heads; a shop assistant who still doesn’t get it; and a retailer who clearly doesn’t understand that throwing food in the bin is costing him money and (not that I visit often) customers !!!

BlueWren

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: How crazy is that!! But we can’t meddle with the big chains’ systems I guess!! That’s how they work!!

I’m sorely tempted to drive over to our RR and see if it has the same special, and see if I get the same result if I say I don’t want the chips!! :laugh:

calliecat
    Participant

you have to laugh at the absurdity of it all

Silent

Me: May I have twelve nuggets please?

McGirl: Sorry, we only serve them in sixes or nines.

Me: *sigh*…May I have two serves of six nuggets please?

McGirl: Certainly.

calliecat
    Participant

do they not learn anything in school LOL

BlueWren

:tup: :clap: :laugh: :shrug:

penny

Ahhhh the joys of standardization, standard meals, standard responses, standard thinking, no revolution, no change. Maybe that’s the plan.

:shrug: :shrug:

calliecat
    Participant

surely she learnt basic maths in school

karyn26

I use the “Flame grilled chicken” outlet I dont have chips either and they dont force me to have them.cost under $4 for 1/4 piece of my choice ,breast or thigh.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.