Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Raw Milk

Home Forums HOMEMADE Dairy products Raw Milk

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    LinaLina

We used to get milk straight from a dairy until we discovered the antibiotics the dairy farmer had for his cows. That did us.We became vegan after that .Now that we have goats we are organic. No antibiotics for me through milk.

LinaLina

yes those that are organic don’t use antibiotics but not many of those around

goodfoodgoodfood

Sounds intresting..i would like to taste raw milk !!

veginoutveginout

After years of planning I have finally got a milking doe British Alpine. She currently has a 3 month wether on her who I shut away each day and only milk mum at night – getting just over 1L per day after 1 week of this routine.

We’re still getting to know each other but she is a darling and seems to like me now – she hadn’t been hand milked before and I’d never milked a goat. I also need to make a milking platform yet.

I’m mixing the raw milk with supermarket cows milk at present – about 50:50 as my daughter is home from uni and drinks lots of milk. We haven’t noticed any difference in taste – just a bit of creaminess on top of hot drinks. The doe is eating pasture and cuttings/pullings from the garden (tree lucerne & jerusalem artichokes) + goat mix/steam rolled barley/chaff at milking.

As a novice goat herder I’d welcome any advice on handling/feeding thanks.

XioXio

as an x dairy farmer the commentary about antibiotics was somewhat off the track. Every farmer I knew, myself included when we had a health problem & had to use antibiotics, the cow was milked separately & her milk was not vatted until such time as the medication was no longer in her system.

Xio

BobbeeBobbee

That sounds sensible Xio and may put some folks minds at rest. Surely just asking the farmer could give an answer to that question too. Then you would need to decide if you were being told the truth though some folk might say.

Oh well we can each only try to get ourselves and our families healthy by making these kind of decisions as we face them. 🙂

BobbeeBobbee

Andre post=347697 wrote:

Victorians must have lots of brains!! :woohoo:

Especially the ones who were born in Tasmania!!!!! :woohoo:

😛

Those Taswegians that can swim, you mean :laugh:

:whistle:

Well now young Andre who nearly got away with something, six months later and what do I find but this………rofl

:hug:

LinaLina

I make organic skincreams which I do sell.

goodfoodgoodfood

I like raw milk also because raw milk is higher in nutritional content than conventional milk, which may have some merit. Raw milk comes from cows that graze on grass. Some evidence suggests that milk from these cows is likely to have higher levels of fat-soluble vitamins and other nutrients. Cows fed fresh green forage, especially those grazing grass, have been shown to have higher levels of conjugated linoleic acid and essential fatty acids in their milk.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.