Aussies Living Simply

Raw Milk in South Australia

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Backyard livestock Raw Milk in South Australia

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kristy

Does anyone know where or if you can buy raw milk in South Australia and if not is it something people would be interested in buying? For cosmetic use only of course 😛

Vanessa

I have seen on the notice board of one of the local shops out my way someone advertising fresh goats milk. But I haven’t seen anything for cows milk, most of the cows out my way are for meat not milking anyway

Ashram

Almost impossible to get unless you know someone with dairy cows 🙁 A couple of shops in Adelaide were apparently fined for selling un-pasteurised milk despite the label saying not for consumption. Should be a dairy not far from you, I’d try door knocking!

If you go to http://www.firstfroots.com.au they will be able to get you in contact with Moo View Dairy who do the buy shares in a dairy cow.

sorry, first time round i put in my log on page…..oops, no wonder it didnt work

Miaowzen

Wilson’s organics sells Cleopatra’s Bath Milk and the organic shop on St Bernards Rd (Magill I think) sells Hahndorf Real Milk. For external use only of course.

At least they both did a year ago, I only just got my kefir grains out of storage again and am looking for the best deal on raw milk.

dierich
    Participant

Thanks Hopefulls, I’m just along the road from Moo View and didn’t know they did that. have been thinking about trying to find somewhere so I can get milk for cheese. Perfect! More info here: http://changinghabits.com.au/resources-1/moo-view-dairy-shared-house-cow-program (sorry, don’t know how to link properly!)

casalenta

dierich post=348998 wrote: Thanks Hopefulls, I’m just along the road from Moo View and didn’t know they did that. have been thinking about trying to find somewhere so I can get milk for cheese. Perfect! More info here: http://changinghabits.com.au/resources-1/moo-view-dairy-shared-house-cow-program (sorry, don’t know how to link properly!)

Hopefulls beat me to the post. I’ve had cow shares at Moo View for some time (my cow is called Daisy of course), and can recommend them highly. They’re a terrific couple. Since you’re nearby you can probably pick up the milk at the farm, but they also make deliveries, at least as far as Aldinga, where I pick mine up.

Miaowzen

I’ve enquired with Moo View on Friday but as I live in Salisbury I don’t know how the delivery will work out.

Kristy

Miaowzen I am keen to hear how you go with them. I’d be keen in buying one share 🙂

Miaowzen

You’d have to go to a different delivery point, but it looks like they might be getting a new delivery point at Pooraka. If so, I will get 2 or 3 shares. I love raw milk kefir and fresh kefir quark.

dierich
    Participant

Just been and collected my first lot of milk from Moo View, and enjoying a delicious creamy latte! I’ve started with 3l a fortnight, but already thinking I’ll need to increase!

If anyone’s interested, current pricing is $30 for your cow share, and $4/fortnight ‘boarding fee’. You receive 1.5 litres of milk a week. I collect from the dairy so not sure what additional costs may be. At $1.33 litre I’m saving money (refused to buy the supermarket brands) and supporting a very local farmer in the process – you gotta like that :tup:

Robyne

Myponga and Inman Valley would be you best bet to get fresh milk, lots of dairys around that areas

goodfood

Check on Google it will show you list of stores or food warehouse located in south Australia.

http://www.goodfoodwarehouse.com.au/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.