Aussies Living Simply

Rain predicting website

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Rain predicting website

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

I just got a new computer and lost my favourites,and along with it a great website I got from someone here that predicted rainfall volumes for your area over the week ahead with a percentage of accuracy for the prediction.
    It was a great website does any one have a link????

SteveSteve
    Keymaster
    SnagsSnags

Thanks Steve
    theres some good ones there but the one I was after I think was posted by the poster with the Bull avatar I think he lives in central Qld, hasnt been around for a while
    You could set it to just your area and it gave predictions for a few towns Nth and South of you for the next week
    No graphics just numbers of predicted mm per day and the % off accuracy.
    I used to work out when to go shopping and when to clean my gutters by it,it was very accurate.

MuklukMukluk
    Participant

Was it weatherzone?  http://www.weatherzone.com.au  It was reasonably accurate when we lived near Canberra, far less accurate now that we live out west (anything under 90% chance of rain means NO rain at all).

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

I use this:  http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
    You can put in your location and you get a forecast for the next 7 days.  Gives you all sorts of stuff, including the chance of rain and how much.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I have found their reliability all depends on if there is a weather station is near your location. The closest to me is in Maryborough (35 k’s away), which is not a true picture at all. The other two I could pick are as far away if not further, but in different directions, either Bendigo or Charlton. So I just take a guess at what might be.

GilianGilian

Hello Snags,

Would this be the one you are after?  It is the one we use and it does what you asked for.
    SnagsSnags

I have that one and its good
    This one I was looking for was probably not much different just really simple gave 7(maybe 5) day forecast for about 6 or 10 areas near your location.
    Just Town names and predictions of MM and percentage.
    It was really basic but quite accurate.
    I used to clean my gutters and plan my shopping trips by it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.