Aussies Living Simply

Quilters club

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    dianne
    Participant

was wondering if anybody would like to do a project together?

kind of like a block of the month club. We would all do the same project and conpair what we all come up with. we could provide our own materials(so they were all different) or all the same. If we got a little group going we could all take turns to provide the projects?

just wondering if anyone would be interested?

Bobbee

Hi dianne,

Block of the month sounds good. I only hand sew and have committed to 2 other quilts and a secret santa club already for this year.

I am in so long as the committment you ask for isn’t beyond me.

:metal::metal::metal:

fruitful

block of the month club???

I haven’t really done much sewing but since I’ve been on this site I have learned HEAPS so I’d be willing to give it a go.

Bobbee

bump

mary doll

i am only new to sewing but yes i will give it a go….i am already building up a nice big stash

MD

broni

Hi there Dianne – I’ll give it a go too. 😀

Stephanie

Hi,

I’m new to quilting but I would love to give it a go

darls

Count me in! :tup:

Been busy making two lap/cot sized quilts for friends’ baby and for my little boy. But all should be done within few days proven I get at least 4 free hours!! :noapprove:

We should investigate what kind – there are few: round robin, block of month, mystery block of month, colour or style of quilt, etc…

Cheers! :hug:

ballamara
    Keymaster

I’m in. :tup:

Bobbee

Bumping to pick up a few more.

Bobbee

Bumping for others to see.

sewing lady

I have a lot of comittments for my sewing at the moment, but I would like to join in. I dont do many quilts so this would be good.

By the way what does “bump” mean?

Wendy

sewinglady “bump” just means the person is intending to add a post that will ‘bump’ the thread back to the home page so others will see it.

I would love to join in but I am reluctant to because I know how slow I am so I wouldn’t want to let everyone (including myself) down. Would it be ok if I keep an eye on the thread and see what you decide to do and put my hand up then if I think I’ll manage it in the time alloted.

Chezza
    Participant

I would love to join but I have a few too many things happening here atm…. Maybe I’ll join next year when things settle down… Have fun!!! :tup::tup:

darls

Hey, remember it can take all year if preferred by all.

How about we all put down our level of sewing ability and we can work what we could do from there?

My sewing ability’s average – meaning I’ve never tried to sew zipper! :jawdrop: 😉

With quilting – I enjoy machine quilting rather than hand quilting – but will do hand quilting where needed though – like the binding sewing :p

I vote for either round robin or block of the month that comes up to the total of 10 to 12 blocks = a year.

If not sure what Im talking about or not sure what the terms are about, just say so… I promised I wont roll my eyes over your ‘silly’ questions! 😉

😆

It should be fun! Not something you feel is hard work…

Cheers! :hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.