Aussies Living Simply

Quilt for baby Ben

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bel

My cousin had a baby last week – gorgeous boy Ben.

I decided quite early in the piece to make a quilt for him, but didn’t know the sex at that stage. I made a quilt with different coloured stars (60 in all). Unfortunately, the photo doesn’t pick up the colours very well. It was the first time I’d tried a paper-pieced quilt, so it was certainly a learning experience! It’s far from perfect, but I’m happy with it and I hope Ben gets a lot of use out of it.

The was the site I got the free pattern from: Star Quilt

calliecat
    Participant

WOW looks really good,

lavman

That’s beautiful, my wife does quilting so I know how much work has gone into making it, and she has giving it the big :tup:

Bobbee

It’s beautiful Bel, well done. 🙂 I have never done English paper-piecing, it’s on my ‘to have a go at one day’ list.

That’s a great idea to make the baby quilt in those gorgeous colours and a style that will last Ben forever really. The problem I would think with babyish baby quilts is that they are out grown so quickly.

🙂

Hummer
    Keymaster

Nice job Bel.. well done :clap:

busylizzie
    Participant

Beautiful work Bel :clap: :tup:

mudhen

You finished it, Bel! It looks fantastic — well done!

Bel

Thanks guys. It was a lot of fun. I’ve been collecting bits of silver and purple for my next project. They are my sister’s favourite colours – thought I’d make something for her. 🙂

Vickie

Bel, Very fine work! I am making my first ever quilt for my 3rd baby thats due in 4 weeks! Just teaching myself how to do squares, and it’s taking a long time. I don’t think this baby will have the quilt right when it’s born, but I wanted to try something new.

The stars look as though they would need great skill to look as nice and uniform as yours do!

Bel

Thanks Vickie. No great skill involved – just a lot of perseverance and a good quik-unpick! I reckon I probably did the quilt twice over by the time I corrected all my mistakes along the way! I like to learn things the hard way…..

Good luck with your next baby!

lmd80

Wow really impressed!

GirlFriday

Thats lovely!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.