Aussies Living Simply

Qld floods (and other states…)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Qld floods (and other states…)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Sonya

The term the Lucky Country comes from a book by Donald Horne and he is actually being sarcastic

Loved your story BTW

Hummer
    Keymaster

Great story Andre! 🙂

Sonya

A friend in a 7th floor apartment in West End Brisbane is watching boats, pontoons and barges spinning down the brisbane river.

Here a photo of our general store in town this afternoon

Attached files

Live web cam: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brisbane-river-flood

Mostly dull but occasionally something big floats past….as you might guess, work is pretty quiet right now.

penny

I liked your story as well Andre. While you are having floods we are in drought and have a bushfire south of Perth and floods in the north. Water where it is not needed and not where it is needed.

Judi B
    Keymaster

I’ve said it all on “Our Patch”

Neighbour can’t believe the size of the twig on the drive and the amount that has been washed away, last night we didn’t sleep too frightened in case the gully came right up to the house… 163mm of rain last night so this month which is only 11days old 432mm.

calliecat
    Participant

my gauge overflowed and got told town got 230ml

Franceyne

Just wanted to send all the Qld ALSers my best wishes. You all have been in my thoughts and memories today.

Cheers,

Fran.

Jeanie
    Participant

Thinking of everyone its hard to comprehend makes me feel sick in the tum please keep safe

Bullseye

Franceyne post=300951 wrote: Just wanted to send all the Qld ALSers my best wishes. You all have been in my thoughts and memories today.

Cheers,

Fran.

Hi Franceyne, great to see you. Thanks for your QLD best wishes, best wishes back to you. 🙂

Fortunately, on the river here where we received +800 mm in December we are high from any flooding but very soggy.

There’s rain, lots of it, forecast for parts of Vic soon, so I hope you either need it or will be safe from it. 🙂

Waving!

glad your ok judy XXX

and bullseye n all the other alsers that are ok so far , prayers for everyone else

Franceyne

Bullseye post=300960 wrote:

Hi Franceyne, great to see you. Thanks for your QLD best wishes, best wishes back to you. 🙂

Thanks Bullseye. It’s great to hear that you are ok. I now live on top of a hill and out of any flood zone so there is no danger for me.

But it has been a little wake up call for me – to stay in touch with those people who have never left my mind or heart 😀

See you around!

Doc

Taking the liberty to bump this thread in case Kathy misses it.

Take care, everybody.

Doc

marz

Thanks everyone for your concern – we are high and dry – just water across some of the roads into town. Only takes 10 mins longer to go the long way round. Went into Kingaroy yesterday and the shelves in Woolies were emptying fast – no flour, sugar, bread – but did buy extra pasta and veggies. My veggie garden has been just about devastated, the place is waterlogged, the chooks have grown webbed feet … but ‘the pumpkin’ is going great guns.

Cheers to all.

Oh and… we had no power today from 10am to 5pm!!

kerrieb

Just hoping everyone stays safe.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.