Aussies Living Simply

Qld floods (and other states…)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Qld floods (and other states…)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Sonya

How’s everyone coping? We’re on the Sunshine Coast – its dark and pouring with thunder and lightning, but we’re getting off very, very lightly by the look of it.

Stay safe,

Sonya

Gianna

I just heard on the radio that Brisbane is starting to flood. 🙁

Sonya

West End low lying areas are being evacuated and boats have lost their moorings in the Brisbane River already – and they’ve still got heavy rain, the Wivenhoe Dam release and high tide at 2pm to contend with. Lots of other Brisbane suburbs are under threat and roads are cut off right around the place.

Eudlo where I live has been cut off completely since Sunday night – but we’re well prepared to sit it out for a couple of weeks at least if needed.

Sonya

penny

I have a friend in Norman Park, and she is on a hill but there is still water in her street-waist high.She sent us a photo.

Our thoughts are with all of you. Take care and stay safe

Bron

High and damp here in Gympie, but not liking the sound of all that rain Sonya! If it’s near Imbil…:(

Sonya

the information on evacuations and inundations is coming faster and faster.

prayers for all ALSers and others to be safe in these conditions, it sounds horrible up there now , hoping you are all ok ,

XXX

Sarah Jane

Vic & NSW re flooding too in areas 🙁

such devistation and sad times.

How can we help?

Im in NSW.

Sonya
    Gianna

This is unbelievable. Beyond imagination. Sending prayers to all. 🙁

mistyhollows

Have just heard that people we know in Toowoomba are safe! Cut off from their kids who are safe but flooded in at their grandparents but are ok.

calliecat

REPOST FOR IPSWICH URGENT ** * JUST ON CHANNEL 9 – MAYOR OF IPSWICH – PEAK EXPECTED AT 19M !!! IF YOU WERE EFFECTED IN 1974 HIS WORDS “GET OUT NOW” TRANSMITTOR IS DOWN FOR THAT AREA – THEY ARE RELYING ON THE MEDIA TO GET THIS WORD OUT .. IF YOU ARE IN OR AROUND IPSWICH AND WERE AFFECTED IN 1974 ** GET OUT NOW*

this is the latest of facebook

penny

Thanks for the link. I just spoke to my friend as she was leaving the CBD. It sounds really terrible. She is on her way home to secure her place collect kids and has a store of food water and candles.

Stay safe all of you who are affected. Let us all know if there is anything we can do to help.

karyn26

It’s looking very surreal watching cars and homes wash away.

Keep safe everyone there are already too many unaccounted for or worse.

narelleh

Judi B is at Nanango and there is a creek thar cuts them off usually anyway. I wonder how she and her DH are going????

Having been through floods in townsville which were totally unexpected at the time my heart aches for those who lost so much in the flash flooding.

use the time you have ahead o prepare as uch as you can

lighting candle for you allxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.