Aussies Living Simply

Qld AGL Solar Rebate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ccBear

In Qld we are paid a net input rebate of 42 cents per unit by the government which is exported to the grid.

Just received a letter from my supplier AGL that they have increased the rebate by 8 cents to a total of 52 cents per unit exported.

Will accept this on face value BUT One wonders if they are again going to increase the unit cost of power used

Michelle-sm

I’m not sure but when I had my sustainable loan assessment done the guy said I should be getting at least 55c per kilowatt!

I was told I will get 44c so I will be interested to see if it goes up and if the price of power has a corresponding price increase.

ccBear

Who is your supplier, the government rate is 44 cents, not sure what other suppliers were offering.

Michelle-sm

My supplier is Origin but my meter is Energex.

He said you can shop around to get a better price, you don’t have to take what the first person offers you.

When I got my quote for SHW the guy said I would only get 25c per KW for solar credits, I told him he was dreaming. Evidently they will offer you the lowest price possible and then cash in on the difference they get when they on sell it.

ccBear

They can not legally offer less than the 44 cents the government gives .It is paid by the government not the supplier.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.