Aussies Living Simply

Public Seed Sharing Stations – great local project.

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Community Activism and Self Nurturing Communities Public Seed Sharing Stations – great local project.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BlueWren

Thought this might be a goer for people? It was started in Hawaii but can’t see why it couldn’t be done here.

http://www.nomoola.com/seeds/#.T-uz1bUtixV

Later.Many folk do this already informally of course , as do our local Permaculture Group members.The stations are just taking it a step further.

Gumnut

Oh I LOVE this idea!! Will have to see if I can get some neighbours involved! Actually I should write to the local government and suggest they put one in each of the local shopping centres and parks!

BlueWren

Go for it! Would have to be indoors I think,and with someone to keep an eye on it?

I saw this idea on Facebook this morning and thought it was a wonderful idea. I am going to print off the webpage and show it to my local transition town group, local organic garden, the school my kids go to, and others. I think it is fantastic.

BlueWren

I’m thinking our local wood workers’ group might knock up the stations.Or Men’s Shed groups.

Wombat

I like it! I’ve sent the link to our permie group to see what they think.

Thanks for that, BW! :tup:

Nev

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.