Aussies Living Simply

Politics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    caddie
    Participant

I am heartily sick of both the major parties.

How about you?

Bob Katter’s party is looking better all the time.

Snags

Whats his environment policy?

trandto

caddie post=356569 wrote: I am heartily sick of both the major parties.

Agree, voting tweedlee dee in, then expecting anything different from them, kicking them out and voting tweedle dum in seems the very essence of Eisenstein’s words on insanity ie doing something the same way over and over and expecting a different result.

caddie post=356569 wrote: How about you?

Yep, about 20 years ago

caddie post=356569 wrote: Bob Katter’s party is looking better all the time.

Nope, he’s part of the problem, how long have he and his Dad before him been in politics ? It was he, as a Minister in the QLD Bjelke Government, that enacted legislation removing land holders rights to say no to extractive industries on their land eg fast forward to today and say hello CSG, for example.

but I don’t think our democracy, in it’s current form is best placed to represent a modern Australia and needs a reboot. The only faint hope to do that is to move to a Independents and then rebuild from there. Pragmatically I am aware of peoples inertia for change, complaining is “easy”, doing something is “difficult”.

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]xIraCchPDhk[/video]

caddie
    Participant

I must say the remark about Katter’s party was tongue in cheek!

Maybe Clive Palmer? Pauline?

I’ll get my tongue stuck if I am not carefull.

I really cant see any one who makes me say yessss!!!!

I guess I will do as I have done in the past, mark every candidate individually.

Not go down the party line.

When I have done this I have put all the independents in then the major parties last.

Going to be a long lead up till voting day methinks!

Snags

Most of the independents are just a proxy vote for the coalition.

Katter and Pauline and The billionaire will comply and siphon votes from the disgruntled who think they are making a protest.

with a little pork barrelling for their electorate.

Xenephon and wilky have their pet projects but only have power in a hung parliament.

Oakshot and Windsor seem to have been very good at getting what they want in a big picture way as well as some sweetners for their electorate.

Lab and Libs are both right wing populist parties handing out sweeteners to the middle and upper middle class instead of focusing on the big picture.

Greens have a well documented and logical big picture alternative but the medicine is a little to bitter for the sheeple to swallow.

Airgead

caddie post=356597 wrote:

I really cant see any one who makes me say yessss!!!!

*cough*Greens*cough*

Just sayin…

Xio

I’ll go for a Jesuit educated Rhodes Scholar rather than a left leaning athiest any day 😉

Xio

Snags

How is he going to improve your world ?

and what policies particularly excite you that he is going to implement?

or is politics just like football to you were you pick a team and support them without too much thought?

Xio

That’s a predictable response to my last post & quite frankly Snags it’s none of your business who I choose to align myself with so in future consider a worthwhile response.

If in fact the coalition turns out to be no good, it’s hard to visualise them being worse than the incumbants.

Xio

Anonymous

all green’s; labour; torrie; independents all tarred with the same brush, not a bad order of descent I accidently placed them in hey, Katter the megerest advantage but hardly worth a tick. when I was a party voter(family party very long time ago when life wasn’t meant to be greasy came in) I had a lot of time for Katter but sadly not now, they all come out of the same mould.

take care we are going to need, maybe look to what secularism means in the constitution as the turks and Bangladeshi’s what it means.

Australia’s future

len

Snags

Xio post=356639 wrote: That’s a predictable response to my last post & quite frankly Snags it’s none of your business who I choose to align myself with so in future consider a worthwhile response.

If in fact the coalition turns out to be no good, it’s hard to visualise them being worse than the incumbants.

Xio

I thought you posted up who you where voting for I just asked for a reason why?

Whats your assumption that the coalition will be no worse off based on ?

Their policies?

GirlFriday

Mickey Mouse is looking pretty good. I reckon he would do just about a good a job as these clowns.

caddie
    Participant

Thank you Girl Friday.

I had forgotten about him!

lavman

Snags post=356616 wrote:

is politics just like football to you were you pick a team and support them without too much thought?

:angry: That’s a bit rough, I give way more thought to which football team I back than who I vote for. :laugh:

Anonymous

pretty hard to vote for mickey mouse when we have to vote for well paid monkey’s.

len

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.