Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Outside the window.

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Outside the window.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Le LoupLe Loup

I am looking at a young female roo just outside the window, she has a joey in her pouch. Strangely we usually get more walleross here these days & not so many roos. A red necked wallaby visits too. I find myself sneaking about the house because they can hear me outside & some get spooked. Others will treat the kitchen windows like a TV & stand on the pile of earth out there & watch us moving about.

When I go for my walks I need to give them warning sometimes that I am there. I don’t want to spook them so they cross the fence, they are not safe out there. Given the opportunity they will go into our forest rather that go into open ground.

Hopefully the morning sun has burnt off the wet grass by now so I can go for my walk without getting wet feet. Wet feet don’t worry me normally, but since the operation I have been wearing these slip-ons & when they get wet it makes it hard to walk! Will have to find a way of putting my moccasins on again & tying the ties without bending over 90 degrees! There has to be a way.

Keith.

SnoopySnoopy

Had a family of wallabies bounce slowly through our place this morning too. They got spooked when a car zoomed along the gravel road. There’s lots of evidence of overnight visits when I’m out walking the dog, but watching them have a leisurely graze here adds a highlight to the morning.

If you can’t do the bending thing for laces, Keith, could some velcro get you going perhaps?

Le LoupLe Loup

Snoopy post=343539 wrote:

If you can’t do the bending thing for laces, Keith, could some velcro get you going perhaps?

Unfortunately not with my moccasins Snoopy, but good thinking & thanks for the thought.

Regards, Keith.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Could you wear wellies for your walk,in winter anyway,maybe? My hubby walks in wellies very early every morning in paddocks, and I mean just on light, when everything is sopping wet still.Tucks his trackies inside of course!

Le LoupLe Loup

BlueWren post=343541 wrote: Could you wear wellies for your walk,in winter anyway,maybe? My hubby walks in wellies very early every morning in paddocks, and I mean just on light, when everything is sopping wet still.Tucks his trackies inside of course!

Thank you, a kind thought. Alas, just 5 months since my complete hip replacement I find it very difficult to walk any distance in wellies. It had crossed my mind also.

I will come up with something.

Regards, Keith.

mauzimauzi

I dont have any suggestions but just wanted to wish you a quick recovery. We used to live not far from you but moved to Tasmania about two years ago now.

BobbeeBobbee

Today was the first time I’ve seen the crimson rosellas this season. Such a stunning colour in the trees.

And there is a different bird that looks similar in shape and build to a bush thrush but it is brown all over, different shades of brown but brown nevertheless. I assume it is another type of thrush. Must look it up in the bird books.

The fantails have been back for a while, also the willywagtails. All so lovely to watch.

We used to have kangaroos and wallabys in the yard at our other house but down here it’s foxes, vicious killing creatures those.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.