Aussies Living Simply

Our Patch

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,020 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

It’s freezing outside and it is only 9.00pm zero now :jawdrop: so what will we have in the morning??????

Too cold and windy today to do anything much outside but I did check the planting hole and it is nearly empty, there is still water running into the dam.

I haven’t got round to the photos yet but I’ll get to them one day :laugh:

mauzimauzi

Nice to see you back Judi B and hope the laptop is behaving itself. Looking forward to the pictures when you get a chance and keep warm, sounds like it is pretty miserable up your way at the moment.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’m glad to be back online had a ton of emails to get through….

The laptop isn’t a problem it is the desktop it doesn’t want to start, brisvegas had it in Brisbane and it worked OK for him but it just didn’t want to start for me I think it doesn’t like the cold neither do I we had -0.2°C as cloud moved in and it got warmer.

It has been too cold and windy to be on the laptop.

mauzimauzi

Funny you mention the cold with computers. I had trouble with my computer when we lived near Glen Innes, the colder it got the more it played up. I don’t know if it was a coincidence but that is what is seemed like to me. I don’t start to well in the cold either 😆

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I have a few photos that I took the other day.

We had fog rolling in the other day at 5.00pm.

I have 2 raised beds set up and this one is doing really well I have overplanted a bit but I think it should still be OK… planted are 10 Rainbow Chard, 8 cauliflowers, 4 broad beans and several lettuce.

This last one is looking at the vegie garden it is a long narrow one.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Looking good Judi! :tup:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Well the erlicheer about 30 are all in flower and looking good and the perfume wafts through the whole yard.

I have left a weed in the garden Swan Plant some know it as only because it has caterpillars on it and I like butterflies.

I really need to weed the lawn as I have chamomile coming up everywhere …. chamomile lawn maybe???? no it grows too tall for that.

When the floods came through last year we had no choice but to cut out some trees and there were ome that had to go when the excavator did some work this is what has grown at the stump of a Moreton Bay Ash,Corymbia tessellaris it has grown almost all the way round.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Ericheer is a new one to me.Gorgeous.Must look into them.

Very jazzy caterpillsr! Do you know what it is?

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’ll bring a flower for you today from the erlicheer daffodil/jonquil different places call it a different name.

That caterpillar will turn into a Wanderer or Monarch Butterfly.

This morning I have packaged up the plants I’m bringing today, some of the pots were off the stand this morning so something has been on the stand so wont bring all of them, my hands are finally looking normal no more purple :laugh:

AlanEAlanE
    Participant

Judi, I know the plant the caterpillar is on as wild cotton. It is a pest here, some paddocks are full of it.

gartenfeegartenfee

the fungus around the tree is it eadible Judi?

the oyster mushrooms grow like that.

mauzimauzi

Loveley photos Judi, thanks for sharing.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

gartenfee I’m not going to try anything I’m not 100% sure on.

AlanE I keep the Swan Plant/Milkweed/Wild Cotton under control I only have 2 growing and before the seed is anywhere near ready I cut them off, I only grow it for the butterflies.

BobbeeBobbee

Gorgeous caterpiller Judi, thanks for all the pics, that fungus is great too. :clap:

I reckon planting the veg close together has to help ’em fight the cold. :tup:

:hug:

gartenfeegartenfee

yeah, better safe then sorry with the fungus, hey Judi.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,020 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.