Aussies Living Simply

Our Patch

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,020 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

These are the peas I’m growing right now they have more than the usual amout of tendrils, I bought the seed several years ago and now nobody has them listed.

They are called “Lacy Lady”

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

How cool is that stick insect.. its a beauty :tup:

bronibroni

I can’t figure out that insect!! :shrug: Where’s it’s head – top or bottom??

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Hi Judi, Great to see another garden log happening. My Mum loves growing her Hippys to, you can get some nice varieties.

Thanks for finally clearing up for me what the hell Triffads were, been wondering since someone (probably you) wrote about them a long time ago. :confused:

Thats a great harvest of Beans and interesting Pea, never seen so many tendrils on one plant, freaky.

Havent seen a Stick insect that big in years, great pic. :tup:

Keep posting. :wave:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

broni wrote:

I can’t figure out that insect!! :shrug: Where’s it’s head – top or bottom??

The head is towards the bottom.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Here is some of my arrowroot, the frost has burnt some of the leaves .

I’m going to harvest some on the weekend to use in soup.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

It is a great feeling going into winter with a full dam, DH has been busy clearing the long grass from around it so he can the flat spot for the pump.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

We have a carob growing here and it is wider than it is high and it has been flowering for months and it is a hive of activity there are so many honey bees, native bees, flies, spiders and birds in it the noise is deafening.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

The weather here has been a bit odd for this time of year and things that should be bare have leaves on them or are showing signs of buds and some are really confused by having flowers like this plum.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Found my stick insect again this morning and he has a front leg missing ouch 🙁

chriskchrisk

I just love to look at your photos. Thanks so much for sharing. So often I think we do not realise how fortunate we are with what we have. We become accustomed to our surroundings. Seeing it in photos is refreshing, IMO, So thank you. I feel a bit inspired to start a thread pf my own.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

DH and I are I guess the “Odd Couple” as we both notice the small things in life makes us forget the krap life dishes out.

We think Nature is so amazing and are so happy to have it all around us.

chrisk I think you should go for it the photos I’ve seen on your DH’s website are amazing :tup:

Michelle-smMichelle-sm

So exciting to see your dam full!!:clap:

Loving all the pics, thanks Judi.:tup:

BobbeeBobbee

I’m enjoying the thread Judles, thanks for all the pics. We have stick insects but they are a good bit smaller and slimmer than your pic.

:hug::hug::hug:

kerripkerrip

Amazing photos, thanks for sharing them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,020 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.