Aussies Living Simply

Our Patch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,020 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I figure as others are showing their place I’ll show a bit of our patch.

I was lucky enough on another site to be given some hippeastrums so I will now have a lovely display in Spring.

I still need to weed and mulch around them.

chriskchrisk

They look good Judi. Do they get bothered by the frost? As you can now tell I know nothing about them except they are pretty when in flower. We are not too far from you and are just starting our garden and looking for hardy stuff. We have the orchard planted, some roses, lavender and the first veg garden and some native trees and shrubs. Now looking for fillers and smaller pretty plants to add some colour and texture. Cheers

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I have put this pic elsewhere but thought I’d also put it here.

I love my brassicas and I have cages over all of them until the cabbage butterfly are gone the frost usually takes care of them.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

chrisk the frost doesn’t kill the plant just burns the leaves off mind you we have had temps as low as -15 C in the depths of winter, those pics were taken just after we’d had -0.7 C.

I can list you the hardy stuff if you want, can probably even give you some.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I just finished planting out this bed of “triffids” last week it contains 120 and have already started another bed with 48 in it and still have about another 100 to go in

kerriebkerrieb

Judi B

I’ve been wondering what your triffids are? Welsh Onions, shallots?

Michelle-smMichelle-sm

Judy I really need some more triffids!!

The first lot you sent me were great but I accidently ate all of the last ones I planted so now have none left to put back in the ground.:shy:

If you can spare some please pm me.:D

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

kerrieb wrote:

Judi B

I’ve been wondering what your triffids are? Welsh Onions, shallots?

I have been told that they are “Japanese Bunching Onions” they flower like a beaut but I have never in 35+yrs had a one set seed.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Michelle-sm wrote:

Judy I really need some more triffids!!

The first lot you sent me were great but I accidently ate all of the last ones I planted so now have none left to put back in the ground.:shy:

If you can spare some please pm me.:D

:lol::lol: I was just thinking today I need to find more victims 😡

PM on its way

lavmanlavman

Hi Judi, I wouldn’t mind being another victim if you have some spare please, maybe I could swap for something.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Well I posted in the thread “What are you doing today? (part eleventy billion)” that I’d got the snake beans seed all 250gr of it, this is what it looks like ….

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Here is a puzzle “Where’s the insect”?

Took the photo this arvo, there is an insect there on my plum tree, so very hard to spot.

kerriebkerrieb

JudiB can I have some too please. Japanese Bunching Onions aka welsh bunching onions are on my want list. I had them years ago and forget to take them with me when I moved. Swap for something maybe.

Michelle-smMichelle-sm

Very hard to spot!! That is a mighty big stick insect!!

Don’t see them that big around here very often.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I have put a red line where the stick insect is and even this morning h is still in the plum tree.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,020 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.