Aussies Living Simply

Open gardens … and my wheat protest.

Home Forums Regional Groups Connecting Open gardens … and my wheat protest.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ma

I am involved, as some of you already know, in a community garden.

There, it is my role to look after two community beds. Both of these beds are for valuable community groups within our society, so I get a buzz out of making their space awesome.

Coming up soon is the inagrual (spell?) Open Gardens scheme showing of this community garden … very exciting stuff (there are some simply AWESOME people there, who create things that are more than just the garden variety of amazing!).

And do you know what I’m planting, in one of the beds? Wheat. Boring old, open pollenated, wheat.

It’s my little voice GM protest (I am STILL astounded that Australia would even contemplate introducing GM wheat … they managed to get labelling laws modified enough that the GM canola isn’t on listed as being GM on oil products … we are gonna crucify ourselves if we go GM wheat!).

Anyways … anyone who wants to visit my little protest, is more than welcome to!

darls

😆

Sounds like you’ve having fun there. Wish I could pop in albeit bit too far for me, eh? 😉

Cheers! :hug:

Hummer
    Keymaster

Hi there ma.. I have seen your Community Garden & it is a truly lovely place to be 🙂 .. and I would love to visit your little protest wheat garden & support you.. just not sure when I could do this :confused:

ma

Hey Darls :hug:

Fun? Absolutely (I gave the garden an “out” … said they could call it a green manure crop if they got embaressed ;)).

Between then and now … I’ll be finding a story to post on a stick … about wheat, about open pollenation and about GM. Ooops :tongue:

I’ll put in an extra row, just for you, k? :tup:

ma

Heya Humbug!

First weekend in October … it’s YOUR wheat 😀

(The rest of it, bar a small amount for the wicking test, is going to the school to make wheat-heads :metal: )

mum2twins

When is it Ma???

ma

Hi mum2twins … I have a funny feeling you already know me 😉

3rd and 4th of October (Sat & Sun).

where are you growing this rouge wheat thats not GM bred ma?

mum2twins

ma wrote:

Hi mum2twins … I have a funny feeling you already know me 😉

Really :confused:

No really :confused:

Seriously do I???? :confused:

I have no clue :confused:

Hummer
    Keymaster

I have a funny feeling I will be in Ballarat 4th & 5th Oct.. 😐

ma

stark, please don’t tell me it’s not already GM?!?

(Humbug … quick! I need info!).

soz m2two … I probably don’t, it’s just that you seem awesome familiar, with a pic I’ve seen before ’tis all.

ma

It’s definately open pollenated … stark, that’s SOOO annoying. Now I’m going to have to either find the source, or find some alternative seed to hold my small-voice protest.

Anyone got guaranteed GM free wheat seed? Preferably hard winter wheat, if it’s about.

Sheesh … I can’t even manage a decent protest :confused:

Hummer
    Keymaster

stark, please don’t tell me it’s not already GM?!?

😆 How in the dickens would starkers know ?

(Humbug … quick! I need info!).

Umm, sorry don’t really have any ma… bout all I can say is that Su Dennett makes her bread from it, so I’m pretty confident it’s the real McCoy :tup:

I have no idea whats going on i just wanted to know where the garden was and hummers right how in the dickens would i know:shrug:

Hummer
    Keymaster

Its at Mornington Stark :tup:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.