Aussies Living Simply

Online surveys

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    fruitful

I don’t know if this had been suggested or discussed before but filling out online surveys can help out if your finances are a bit tight. It has happened to us a few times now where things are tight and we have no money in the bank for shopping but are saved by a gift card or direct deposit into our account of a small sum of money from filling out online surveys.

Different sites reward you in different ways, mostly you build up your $$ til you have $20 or so and then it takes six weeks or so for them to process and send out a gift card, usually with Coles – while I don’t shop there normally I’ve no objections to going there when I’m carrying a gift card.

These are some of the companies I’m with, check it out for yourself though,

http://www.rewardscentral.com.au/

http://www.myopinions.com.au/

http://www.pureprofile.com/

http://www.myview.com.au/

I’ve found that I can cash out a few times a year between these companies. It can be tedious and boring filling out surveys and often I don’t get past the initial screening so the reward may only be 10cents into my kitty but if you persevere the gift cards or deposits into your bank do eventually add up.

If anyone has other companies that are good to sign up with please post them here, I’ll certainly have a look.

p.s. usually there are nice rewards for ‘referring friends’ – that does not interest me – I’m posting this to give you the option of earning a bit of extra income if you are struggling financially.

🙂

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

I do those and it does mount up, $2 dollars here, another $1 there. Currently got a couple of hundred dollars sitting ready for a rainy day. 🙂

Also mystery shopping is a good one. I did one recently, got paid $25 for doing it, plus $13 for the bottle of wine that I had to buy as part of the shop. Winner!

Mukluk
    Participant

I use online surveys when I can make the time. I found many to be too slow in sending me surveys, there are also some scam ones out there so you have to be careful!

I have had a lot of surveys (ie earning money faster) from: http://www.mysurvey.net.au/

fruitful

thanks for the link Malkuk, I’ll have a look at that one.

Lady B, that’s interesting about the mystery shopping, I’ve signed up while living here in Adelaide and found that the one (can’t remember the name) company had you competing for the job, you had to respond first to the email and I always managed to miss out so I unsubscribed to it.

Bobbee

Something I never knew existed, thanks folks, it sounds most interesting. I put a link to this one on Len’s thread, hope it gives him some positive vibes.

🙂

froot_loopz

yep mystery shopping is good.

I do that from time to time, generally when Im running low of tiolet paper, soap powder etc. ( i target the chemist jobs then )

Ive also attended a focus group/market research.

last one i did i taste tested ice cream, for an hour, for 2 nites and got paid $100 for the privilege.

sorry about the punctuation I have bandaids on the tips of two fingers and its driving me nuts.

anyone want a list of mystery shopping companies ot the research mob i used pm me and when I can type properly I’ll send you some links

froot_loopz

Lady B post=356257 wrote: I do those and it does mount up, $2 dollars here, another $1 there. Currently got a couple of hundred dollars sitting ready for a rainy day. 🙂

Also mystery shopping is a good one. I did one recently, got paid $25 for doing it, plus $13 for the bottle of wine that I had to buy as part of the shop. Winner!

I currently have 5 bottles of wine in my house due to this being stashed for pressies throughout the year.

casalenta

Thanks for the links everyone. I might sign up for a couple and give it a go.

Airgead

If you want something a little more meaningful that online surveys and if you are halfway decent with a computer, there is also utest. Essentially software companies post their software up there for people to test and you get paid for completing each set of tests plus a bonus for bugs raised. And they pay in cold, hard cash (well electronic transfer) rather than gift cards. I used it a year or so back when i was out of work. helped keep heads above water.

There is also the Amazon Mechanical Turk where you can register to do essentially odd jobs for a few cents a time. Jobs can range from filling in a survey on someone’s behalf to looking up directions to translating text to pretty much anything you can do with a computer. The pay is tiny but can add up if you put some effort in.

Cheers

Dave

Iduna

Thanks Dave, I’m going to have to have a look at the utest thing.

Robyne

I used all my vouchers from Woolies last year for christmas food.

Worked out well, as I bought when things were on specials, saved heaps doing it this way.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.