Aussies Living Simply

Online PDC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dierich
    Participant

Geoff Lawton’s next online PDC is opening for enrolment soon (if not already) and commences in April. Did anyone do this last year? Has anyone done the Permaculture Visions online course?

I’ve often thought about doing a course but don’t really have opportunity to disappear to attend somewhere so the online appeals, esp with Geoff’s videos which I always enjoy. But I also wonder if I’d learn a lot more than what I would if I just took more time to read/research online myself. It would be good to potentially hook up with others through the course to be able to discuss things, which I presume you could do.

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Mukluk
    Participant

I have not done the PDC online but I did complete a cert iv permaculture online and am currently completing a diploma of permaculture online. I know it is not exactly the same but no one else seems to be replying to you with anything more relevant.

As you said you can research online pretty much everything yourself if you wanted to. You probably end up learning more if you research yourself as you are not restricted by the course and learn things that are relevant to you and your circumstances, or at least that is how it seems to work out for me. If you are concerned about the lack of discussion/interaction there are permaculture forums where you could discuss ideas and things with people and learn/share a lot there too.

I guess it comes down to if you have the money. Also if you just want knowledge or also the piece of paper at the end?

Snags

I bought Mollisons big book over 20 years ago

Learnt everything to get me started.

Its all common sense.

Practiced, learnt, talked and met people since,I dont need the piece of paper.

Defiantly do something though it will change your life for the better.

It all depends on what you can afford in time and money and if the piece of paper is important.

If I was starting from scratch today and had time and money I would do a hands on course in my climate zone.

or

If I had no money just time I would wwoof

or as I had no time or money I bought the book for under $100

I had plenty of organic gardening experience before then though.

(theres always the library and you tube for plenty of info)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.