Aussies Living Simply

Onion bags

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Diny

When my fish net broke, I used the onion bag to replace the net. I just sewed it onto the metal ring.

calliecat

use them instead of plastic bags when buying fruit and veg

I do like the idea of kitchen scrubbie tho 🙂

GirlFriday

You can also take them shopping with you and use them for your fresh produce instead of those wretched plastic bags that everyone seems to use…

Vickie

girl friday, thats a great idea!! I don’t use the plastic bags.. i just have produce floating around the trolley which has led to a few squished bits and bobs.

Also.. how do people that use them for scrubbers tie them up ?? what sort of pattern? 😛

calliecat

calliecat post=344560 wrote: use them instead of plastic bags when buying fruit and veg

I do like the idea of kitchen scrubbie tho 🙂

I sometimes wonder why I bother posting 😛

mudhen

I’ve given up trying to tie mine up, Vickie. If I was really industrious, I might stitch one end, then roll it into itself and stitch it up, but so far I just scrunch it in my hand and use it that way. Any knot you tie in it will always come undone, it’s just the nature of that plastic material to not stay tied.

gartenfee

perhaps use onion bags as ties for young trees?

marz

mistyhollows post=343310 wrote: I put them over fruit on the trees as they grow and ripen. Keeps the birds away.

Cor, wish I’d thought of this before the Currawongs got half the custard apples – darn!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.