Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Old clothes into new baby clothes

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Spinning, Dyeing, Knitting, Sewing, Weaving Old clothes into new baby clothes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    debby-leedebby-lee

I used this great tute today.

http://www.rookiemoms.com/make-some-easy-kids-pants/

I’m very much a beginner sewer so this was right up my ally. Instead of using a shirt I used old cord jeans I used to love but can no longer squeeze into. The leg of these was just the right size to cut little toddler pants out of.

Because you use the seams and hems of the original clothing it minimises the work for you

I think it is a great way to get some practice without ruining nice new material and of course use up old daggy stuff that might go in the bin.

I’ll chuck up a photo when I get a chance 🙂

Um I’m hoping this isn’t a double post – I just remember something recently about old clothes.

debby-leedebby-lee

hehe I couldn’t resist this one.

roundthebendroundthebend

:lol:……………..gotta save that second pic for your DS’s 21st to embarress him with;)

Great way to get the hang of sewing things debbie-lee and if it doesn’t work out you dont feel terrible about mucking up:tup:

KiewietKiewiet

He is adorable!

I like the pants too!

GiannaGianna

Those pants look wonderful DL. :clap:

baringaparkbaringapark

:clap:

MichPMichP

Not that this will be of any use for you little guy but for anyone with girls – button shirt to toddler dress http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=170402.0

Also lots of freebie patter links here http://everythingyourmamamade.com/its-all-about-the-free-tutorials/

TullymoorTullymoor

Well done Debby-Lee, you’re a sewer! :clap:

Not a poo-pipe type sewer, a sewing-machine-type sewer :p

luvinluvin

awesome !!!!!!

:hug::tup::clap:

darlsdarls

:tup: :clap: :clap:

You did a great job there – with both sewing and taking photos! 😆

So we will be expecting more sewings coming from ya now, eh?

Cheers! :hug:

ErthgirlErthgirl

They look fantastic, and you’re boy is so cute too! :hug:

sewing ladysewing lady

You did really well with the sewing. I am impressed.

The pants look really good, and the little guy is georgeous!

debby-leedebby-lee

There will certainly be more sewing coming from me. It is so satisfying. And can be fast compared to some of the other things I’m interested in.

I’m shocked as to how we made such a handsome little man 🙂 I know he is cute but it just confirms it when other people think so too. I’m not completely biased 😛 Just a little bit.

RobyneRobyne

when my sons were younger I used my husbands work clothes. He used to get about 6 sets a year but only wore 2 till they wore out. Then they changed the colours of the uniforms so I made them into little clothes for the kids. really strong acid proof lasted till they grew out of them.

Look around the op shops for nice clothes to make for them. I found a lovely long black velvet skirt I was able to make into 2 outfits for bubs.:kiss:

mary dollmary doll

dl

great job

i am a novice sewer also….but god i love it including buying fabric at the op shop.

mich-p

craftster is on of my fav sites

MD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.