Aussies Living Simply

Nothing like hearing the truth……..!!!!

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Nothing like hearing the truth……..!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BlueWren

I needed to have a blood test recently, but the nurse stuffed up and “popped” the vein on my hand…….I think that means she put the needle right through the vein.Another nurse took over to try another vein, and the first one, no spring chicken herself, said “The trouble with the elderly is that the skin moves very easily.”

Well, sorry about that! I didn’t mind when I was “mature” or later “middle aged” but now it’s official . I am ELDERLY!! :jawdrop: Maybe true but I still don’t like it!!! :laugh: :laugh:

calliecat
    Participant

LOL there is no way you are elderly

hmmm well……. hmmmmm, uummmm – or maybe :kiss: lol

how’s the hand

I stand by my first statement 🙂

there is no way you are elderly

Don’t listen to them BlueWren, it was either their lack of experience or patience that was the problem. You are only as old as you want to be.

BlueWren

calliecat post=331852 wrote: LOL there is no way you are elderly

hmmm well……. hmmmmm, uummmm – or maybe :kiss:

how’s the hand

STUFF YOU ! No more fabric for you my girl!! :laugh: :laugh: The hand is JUST FINE !!!

calliecat
    Participant

LOL I edited my first post LOL

WHILE you were posting your next one :laugh: :laugh:

BlueWren

calliecat post=331857 wrote: LOL I edited my first post LOL

WHILE you were posting your next one :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah!! I just noticed!! I have another big box of fabric for you………. :laugh:

Bobbee

Blimey girls please play nicely now. :laugh: :laugh:

That particular nurse needs to take lessons in ‘people skills’ BlueWren. I guess she was feeling embarrassed at her failure to do her job properly but there was no need to say what she said. :sick: :sick:

In my book we don’t hit elderly until the birthdays tally reaches 90. Then I MIGHT admit to being elderly. The trouble with me is I feel about 28 but some silly old chook keeps jumping in front of me when I look in the mirror or shop windows and such! It gives me such a fright, I wish she’d just bugger off and leave me alone, nosy old bugger. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Robyne

It is the nurses as we have one down here who all the elderly go to she is so good. :tup:

When I took my friend in to the doctors, before she went to hospital, the nurse went sideways through her vein and the bruise, was huge, that big, the hospital asked her if she was really ill elsewhere, as they were looking at it. When I said a nurse at the doctors did it. She said a lot of nurses, leave school, not knowing how to take blood properly. :shrug:

I know your problem having that person who ages before you do looking at you. I hate the 0 birthdays :woohoo:

BlueWren

Robyne post=331864 wrote:

I hate the 0 birthdays :woohoo:

…….especially when there’s only a very few to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did have to check at the hospital at the weekend for a health concern …..hence the blood test, but it’s all good , they sent me home …….but today I had a call from Community Health to check how I was feeling and was I OK ,which I really appreciated from a Public Hospital ……..but then she said “Are you managing OK at home? There is help available……….”

Maybe I really am ELDERLY !!!!!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :laugh: :laugh:

BlueWren

All good Bobbee!! Me an’ callie’s good friends!I wouldn’t DARE say “Stuff you!” to anyone else!!!!!!

calliecat
    Participant

BlueWren post=331899 wrote:

All good Bobbee!! Me an’ callie’s good friends!I wouldn’t DARE say “Stuff you!” to anyone else!!!!!!

:tup: :cheer: :cheer:

Bron

Nah, it was them, not your age. An OB managed to do the same thing to me once. I was very pregnant of course, and definitely not elderly 😉

Judi B
    Keymaster

I hate it when you go for a blood test and they don’t listen to you… they always have trouble getting the vein but I know my left arm has the better vein.

Well maybe you are elderly 😉 :hug: cause I’m old :laugh: I went to the Dr with an annoying small problem and was told that happens when you get old…… DH is older than me and he hasn’t got stupid toenails yet.

Nakedpippi

Pffft the nurse is crazy! 😛

I had a small operation a week ago (they can be small right, even when your out cold?) I warned the Anethesist Nurse my veins are trickly little buggers…hurt like a B****! He told me he was “fishing around for it cause your veins move a lot!”. I am 36, so not in the elderly category as yet, even if some days it feels it 🙂

Back of my hand is still black 🙁

Judi B
    Keymaster

Yeah age has nothing to do with it just reading Nakedpippi’s post reminded me of when DSon was born I had to have a drip and they couldn’t find a vein so on the underside of my wrist they cut me found a vein and inserted the needle ….. I was 18 at the time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.