Aussies Living Simply

None so blind…………

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Global warming and climate change None so blind…………

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    peterh

Hmm so now Global Warming is Gods plan for us……

Found this disturbing story on the net. With the increasing interest in politics of the religious right in Aust. perhaps we too should begin to be concerned.

The school board in this suburb south of Seattle has restricted showings of Al Gore’s movie on global warming, including requiring that it be balanced with an adequate opposing viewpoint.

The decision was sparked by complaints from parents who said their children were taking the film as fact after viewing it at school.

“Condoms don’t belong in school, and neither does Al Gore. He’s not a schoolteacher,” said Frosty Hardison, a parent of seven children who doesn’t want the film shown at all.

“The information that’s being presented is a very cockeyed view of what the truth is,” Hardison told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. “The Bible says that in the end times everything will burn up, but that perspective isn’t in the DVD.”

Full details http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=18001

jaygee

Sadly it doesn’t surprise me, it seems that there are many sectors of society who prefer to interpret the facts differently. I have to ask though what exactly does “Post-Intelligencer” mean (as in the “Seattle Post-Intelligencer”)??? A newspaper that takes out the intelligent information and comments and leaves the rest in as the “news”???

kathy

I think it says it all with the condom quote or is that a joke .

peterh

Unfortunately kathy on the condoms i think they are very serious. poor kids in the US of A

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.