Aussies Living Simply

No Spend Month – January 2012

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up No Spend Month – January 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Kristy

Anyone interested in joining me in a no spend month for January to see how much money we can save 🙂

There are a few suggestions of how it works in the below links from the Simple Savings website, scroll down to number two for each of the links below.

http://www.simplesavings.com.au/newsletter/2010/1/

http://www.simplesavings.com.au/newsletter/2011/1/

http://www.simplesavings.com.au/newsletter/2009/february/

I am a little scared to think about a month without spending, but there is a small chance I could be getting a tiny pay rise 1 Jan 2012 (I will know tomorrow) and if I do what better then to cut back my spending instead of increasing it.

It’s be great if people would like to join me in this… Maybe you can make your own rules, rather then no spending, maybe no takeaway or no bought work lunches… So many options.

jomcleay

I love that idea. Apart from a couple of days holiday I will try to be in that.

Jo 🙂

froot_loopz

I just banked my last pay cheque today for 8 weeks, so this time of the year is a no spend for us (thank gawd I have teens that now work)

I’ll be in it

GirlFriday

Sadly January for us is always a MASSIVE spend month as we are getting four children back to school. Count me out- sorry.

Perhaps February?

weaver

I would love to do it but January would be impossible with 10 days of holiday in Tassie, kids going back to school etc. February would be good for me. Maybe we could have different people doing it each month as suits them and report in on how we are going.

bluezbandit

According to Simple Savings, January is NO SCREEN MONTH and February is NO SPEND MONTH. Might be better to defer till then for most people.

Deb

bluesnip

Cool, no spend month, but AAARGH – NO SCREEN MONTH?!?!?! *gasp* horror! :jawdrop:

:laugh:

GirlFriday

lol- no SCREEN month in the middle of school holidays- I dont think so! Sometimes I admit I use the tv as an electronic babysitter- particularly when i have worked the night before and just want to SLEEP!

ballamara
    Keymaster

To save having to read all links, does this mean so staples er groceries,petrol etc?

weaver

you can buy groceries, petrol or public transport fares and pay bills

ballamara
    Keymaster

I will give it a go

bluezbandit

Every month is no spend month for me then if that’s the case. Groceries and petrol is all I ever buy but I do win stuff which I barter for things.

Deb

maestroandme

I’ll join in :tup: except for the house move…. It will be great to do it with others.

Bron

More kids returning to school here and this year, the eldest attends high school and all need new school bags. They usually get 2-3 years out of each. But I do have the money set aside and like another poster, no pay for me till a fortnight after school returns (at the very minimum) so I’m going to be very careful with spending.

Fozzie

I’m in!! The only exception I’ll make is for fencing as I’ll be needing some supplies soon to do that!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.