Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

"No 'Poo"

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 419 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i’m still doing it hey? only times i revert back to poo is when we need to switch back to town water(which has been for one period since we began this), but other than that this is a good way as it is a few more chemicals out of my life.

understadably not for everyone, takes some getting used to and i found i needed to introduce a curry comb in to massage scalp as i wash with fresh water.

len

purplehatpurplehat

It’s been about a year for Marty and me without using ‘poo. Still works! We’re both very happy with it. I enjoy walking past that isle in the supermarket, sticking my tongue out as I go. :tongue: I can’t imagine how much $$ we’ve saved over this last year, but I assure you, I’ve more than made up for it, buying chocolate! (GF/DF of course) 😆

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Yep,

still at it here too!

I do find that if I’ve been a bit remiss and not washed my hair thoroughly, dandruff threatens, but a couple of days of good washing clears it up pronto.

I wil stress this – dandruff isn’t the end of the world – but when you where a black uniform (Navy winter uniform) and do a lot of ceremonial parades … the shoulder-snowfield doesn’t go down well. Even so, I’ll never consider buying shampoo or conditioner again. :metal:

BobbeeBobbee

Yep I’m still in. Ocassionally [ 2 c’s 1 s or wotjafink?? :shrug:] I use mine or anothers homemade soap, not on a regular basis, maybe 2/3 times a year. Just when I want to really. :confused:

Saves a bloomin fortune. :tup::tup:

:hug::hug::hug:

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Hi all

just dragging up one of ye olde threads I found intresting. Might be enlightening for the newbies:)

For my ‘shampoo’ I mix about 5 teaspoons of bicarb soda with water (in an old shampoo bottle) and for a rinse/conditioner about 5% vinegar in water with a couple of drops of essential oil for fragrance.

Been at it for well over 2 years and will never look back to purchasing stupid chemicals :woohoo:

This is insane, I was about to cruise for a thread like this to go with the oil cleansing thread I just started.

I’m 4 months in to bicarb with a vinegar rinse, 2 where I was strict & after a month my hair is feeling so silky smooth & healthy, it has far less oil ever after 3-5 days of not washing then it used to after 1 day, My only complaint is that it seems to be causing the red in my brown hair to show up which clashes with my black clothes.

Oh & thats the other thing I stopped dying my hair after 10 years of constant every 2-6 weeks of dye.

NoiraMNoiraM

Hey I follow this recipe: http://www.bettaliving.org/Save%20money/Hygene/Make_shampoo.html

Great shiny, chemical free hair. Easier on the environment and your scalp.

ps – get some essential oils to make nice smelling s’poo

redhen2redhen2

ok. i’ll give this a shot. does anyone have tips for pretty extreme dandruff without ‘poo?

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Hi redhen2

I found just sticking to the recipe and doing it every night until the dandruff stops.

For me it goes in a couple of days or so.

Good luck. :side:

FozzieFozzie

I tried bi carb and apple cider vinegar last night… I went to bed with wet hair and woke up with it still wet at about 3am…. it didn’t seem to dry.

Hair doesn’t feel horrible today but it is still kinked from being tied up… normally washing it removes the kink.

Not entirely convinced to attempt to go ‘poo free. Although I have previously read about a conditioner only method of washing hair.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

redhen2 post=299027 wrote: ok. i’ll give this a shot.

I’m getting back into it too Kathy. It really does look and feel loads better when washing hair like this and I have been useing a locally made, chemicaly free shamp/cond for years.

Tonights the night B)

gleanertgleanert

Haven’t bought shampoo now for 3 years…

I only use warm water , no sodi bic. and no vinegar.

My hair is great!

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

gleanert post=299083 wrote: Haven’t bought shampoo now for 3 years…

I only use warm water , no sodi bic. and no vinegar.

My hair is great!

Awesome gleanert 🙂

Do you have long or short hair ?

gleanertgleanert

I’ve had it short and shoulder length (I have cut it myself for the last year or so)

🙂

The only time I have a problem is change of season, like going into winter, but this I think occurs naturally whether one uses shampoo or not.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

gleanert post=299118 wrote: I’ve had it short and shoulder length (I have cut it myself for the last year or so)

🙂

The only time I have a problem is change of season, like going into winter, but this I think occurs naturally whether one uses shampoo or not.

Ok.. what do you mean by ‘a problem’ ? I don’t experience any changes, as such …

My hair is quite long, half way down my back.. I wonder about manageability ?

I do use essential oils as an extra conditioning agent.. maybe I would just need more 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 419 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.