Aussies Living Simply

No Knead Bread Recipe

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    calliecat
    Participant

lol waiting for it to cool, so I can cut it, but have pretty much decided, this recipe is not for me lol

will stick to the one I got 🙂

I always seem to leave out one step of this one, which means for me, it’s too complicated LOL

Airgead

Photo… or it didn’t happen.

calliecat
    Participant

low battery at the moment lol

I will get it, but not doing the recipe again

calliecat
    Participant

here you go

it’s out in the paddock now lol, either the foxes or something will have a feed tonight

Vickie

OK, Mine – i forgot to put the water on the top before i put it in the oven , and i probably cooked it for tooooooo long with the lid on, i got involved in sorting out some journals/uni stuff :blush: So…. it’s like a focaccia.. I’m going to cut it in half and use it as pizza base for tea tomorrow. I have more dough left, and will persist, it’s very tasty 🙂

Attached files

calliecat
    Participant

yours looks way better than mine did 🙂

karyn26

Well here is my dismal attempt.After the first 30 mins with the lid on the oven was smokey and I didnt think it had done much so didnt put it back in.

Obviously I just cant make no knead bread.

calliecat
    Participant

I have had success with another no knead recipe, just not this one

Airgead

I’ve made no knead a few times using a recipe from the New York times. Works every time. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html

The key is a long, slow rise with a tiny amount of yeast. That’s what strengthens the glutens and prevents collapse.

if you have a tight fitting lid on the dish, you shouldn’t need to add any water. That’s just to raise humidity and develop the crust. There should be enough steam given off by the loaf to do that.

No knead is a neat trick but its quicker to make regular bread as it doesn’t need the 24 hour rise. I can knock over a regular yeasted batch in under 3 hours if I push it.

Cheers

Dave

Eira Clapton
    Participant

I am having fun with no-knead bread recipes, and find that I am getting pretty good results. I like the fact that I can start the dough overnight and leave it in the fridge and then when I am ready, cook it. I have some arthritis, so I am glad not to need to knead, IYKWIM. It is another skill in my repertoire. Thinking of making bagels that way -start the dough this afternoon, cook tomorrow and then freeze some for later.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.