Aussies Living Simply

No Knead Bread Recipe

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Airgead

Hi Guys

Oiling the dish is supposed to help it not stick but I tend to find the reverse. The oil lets the dough stay soft longer in contact with the dish and causes it to stick. If you have the dish really, really hot when you put the dough in it will form a crust straight away which will contract away from the sides and not stick. Doesn’t always work perfectly though…

My foolproof method is to sprinkle a generous amount of semmolina or wheatgerm over the base of the loaf before it goes in the dish. You can also oil the dish and then coat the sides with semmolina/wheatgerm (it sticks to the oil) which will help it release.

Cheers

Dave

calliecat

yes, I did have the dish nice and hot, like crystal said, plus put in 2T water, it didn’t stick at all

will try it next time with a normal loaf and bread tin, – see how I go :whistle: :cheer:

calliecat

well it’s looking way better already than the last time lol

Vickie

calliecat, your cooking the no knead one today aren’t you?

i only have bakers flour because we used all the homebrand stuff making playdough earlier 😛

but im going to give the no knead a try with bakers flour this arvo.

im going to try it in a round dish.. put the dough in while its hot, and ‘line’ with flour.

fingers crossed.

calliecat

I only have bread flour, it’s all I ever use, not matter what type of bread, – the second dough I did this morning, will cook it tomorrow morning

karyn26

I went to get my bread flour out of the cupboard on Friday night and found moths in the cupboard.

So after a big clean out and throw out,it was too late to do anything.

Saturday I spent most of the day cooking bread for the chooks,then made some loaves for myself from the good flour ,by hand so I have them in the freezer ATM.

So I still havent done this no knead recipe as yet.Ithink I need some fresh flour.

Calliecat can you take a pic of your bread for us to see.

Vickie

i also did a batch this arvo, and will bake tomorrow morning :cheer:

calliecat.. we will have to compare loaves 😛

Karyn, nothing worse than moths, i had weevils a while back. bad for us, but the chooks/dogs will always benifit from a pantry clean out!

calliecat

lol we will 🙂

mistyhollows

calliecat I’m wondering if my no knead doesn’t stick because I put it on a floured board to shape it before putting it in the oiled dish. That probably provides enough flour for it not to stick. Just like greasing and flouring a cake pan. ‘Tis the only thing I can think of. I have never heated the oiled dish first, ever :shrug:

:laugh: I just checked out my picture on Wattle-Weedoo and the board is coated in an inch of flour. Guess that’s my secret 😉

calliecat

oohh mine is nothing like that – mine is still gluggie

actually just checked mine, – it has a layer of water sitting on the top 🙁 – think I might stick to my other recipe somehow, I do know that one works

calliecat

nup, this particular one just does not work for me, –

karyn26

I’ve put a loaf together this morning as I will cook it tonight.

I have used wholemeal bread flour and it’s not soft or gluey at all.It has been sitting on the table in the bowl for nearly 2 hours,I just gave it a poke and it’s mushy,it goes in the fridge at 12 noon.

If people are using wholemeal flours, do we need to add a bit more water due to it being a heavier flour?Just wondering.

When it’s done I’ll post a pic either good/bad.

Airgead

Wholemeal will soak up a bit more water so you can push the hydration up a little. Not by much though. I think I use about an extra 40g water in a 2kg batch to get the same dough consistency between plain and wholemeal.

Cheers

Dave

calliecat

mine has just come out of the oven –

mistyhollows

calliecat post=337600 wrote: mine has just come out of the oven –

and…………………………. :shrug: 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.