Aussies Living Simply

No Area on the Forum for Techinical Stuff

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Think Tank No Area on the Forum for Techinical Stuff

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RuddyCrazyRuddyCrazy

G’day Guy’s an Gal’s,

I only joined this morning and I have had a good look over the forum and I really can’t see anywhere I can put my idea’s and projects for RE.

I am a global moderator on one of the nets best electronic forums and very active in the RE world on several forums.

If I can suggest to the administrators to make a new section of the forum called ‘ Technical Stuff’ or something similar. I would be happy to throw a few threads on DIY stuff for people who know how to use a soldering iron and more complex circuits all based on RE.

LED’s are very cheap but it is easy to let the magic smoke out if not connected properly. Fridge controllers for brewing are a very easy project so why go buy a commercial one.

Charge controllers for solar when bought commercial never have the tweaks one needs for their own array. Also rather than just short the panels when a voltage is reached just dump the load into something usefull.

Making my own wind generators is a pet project for me and I would like to share how I make them.

As one can see there really isn’t a section on this forum for this type of stuff and rather just spread my reply’s in different threads where they will get lost a new section would be great.

Regards Bryan

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

😆 I keep reading your member name as RuddCrazy….

Bryan, if there isn’t an appropriate place for you there will be one directed to you or made up for you…. It is a huge site… :hug:

bluezbanditbluezbandit

those kind of things usually get put in “backyard projects section”

Deb

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Sorry, but I have to ask, what is “RE”? Real Estate? Relative Efficiency? Rice Engine?

I think bluezbandit is probably right. Backyard projects would be a good place for your info.

LeecyLeecy

renewable energy?

RuddyCrazyRuddyCrazy

Hi Lady B,

RE stands for Renewable Energy and here I thought the topic of ASL was mainly about that. Anyway it does look like what I want to put up will draw a blank with most members. How many members know what a schematic is???.

My main aim is to show just how easy it is to make your own gear for RE ( now you know what it means).

Cheers Bryan

GgangGgang

Hi Bryan

I dont know what a schematic is but I would really like some treads on DIY RE projects please 😀 my hubby is very good with a soldering iron or a welder or most DIY projects

PS I did know what RE stands for ……….

Anne

LeecyLeecy

I’d love to see it RuddyCrazy, we’re in the planning stages of putting something together for our house AND in the early stages of setting up a Transition Town. I’ve always loved turbines etc… please post away!

You can always just do your threads then have them moved when there is an appropriate section for them!

IdunaIduna

RuddyCrazy I am very interested in your ideas or schematics (blue prints/plans) on RE to do with wind. I have been looking at terbines but they are to big for my back yard. I don’t mind the look of them but the 3mtr span of the blades and the 9mtr high post will put me in bad steed with the neighbours.

I have seen whirly birds used as they are less conspicuous. I am not sure if it is true but it said they produce top range of 300w each. I haven’t seen any good plans that go in detail about the set up or how you would wire it into an inverter or the meater box let alone have it passed by an electritian. I could have 5 to 7 of them and my neighbours would never be the wiser.

GiannaGianna

RuddyCrazy wrote:

Hi Lady B,

RE stands for Renewable Energy and here I thought the topic of ASL was mainly about that. Anyway it does look like what I want to put up will draw a blank with most members. How many members know what a schematic is???.

My main aim is to show just how easy it is to make your own gear for RE ( now you know what it means).

Cheers Bryan

G’day Bryan & welcome. :wave:

Silly ol’ me doesn’t know what a schematic is but I’ll just get my popcorn ready and pull up a comfy chair and sit back and wait for the fun times ahead.

DocDoc

Why not post such a project to the tutorials section and we can all see if it needs to go into a special category.

Doc 😉

grumpy3grumpy3

Hea Doc, I thought you were riding your bike around the equator for something to do.

Dennis

GrethGreth

Had to laugh, he asked me to proofread the original post and the only comment I made was that he should explain what RE means, he decided not to write it out. Men.

Bryan not only makes the wind generators, he also makes up the electronic circuits so that they run properly, diverting excess power to a dump load to prevent batteries from cooking, for example. And is happy to help/teach on the electronics side.

Thats a good idea Doc, will tell Bryan, he may not do much this week, working extra hours so he will only be coming home in time to fall asleep I think.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Im here to learn, so post away. I now know what RE means, so I have learnt something today, thanks Ruddycrazy. Any info on wind turbines :tup:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.