Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

New Polytunnel Book is now finished

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE For Sale New Polytunnel Book is now finished

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mauzimauzi

Hi All,

Very exciting news. DH and I have now completed our booklet – well it is 71 pages, guess that still classifies as a booklet. :D: It is called “The Polytunnel in Australia”.

It covers a lot of subjects:-Design and Construction,Soil,Monitoring and Health Management (Natural Pest Control and Recipes, Mineral Deficiencies, Refractometers etc)Plants, Rotations and then a month by month guide of preparation, planting, harvesting and other jobs as well as a section on the hungry gap and extending harvests. A few photos are included.

I am really excited as this is a culmination of 25 years experience and hopefully it will be of help to others. I have a number of others in the pipeline as well, so it is great to finally get this out.

We are sorting out our Paypal so that the booklets can be downloaded direct from our website and just waiting for finalisation of that, but until then it will be available in paper copy for $15.00 plus postage or a pdf version that I can email out for $10.00.

If anyone is interested you could pm me or email me maureen@esperanceholisticfarm.com.

Cheers

Mauzi

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Email on way 🙂

Yaay

porgeyporgey

Congratulations Mauzi. Best of luck with it and I hope it encourages more people , especially children, to grow there own food and look after the environment.

mauzimauzi

Thanks Andre and Porgey. I hope so too Porgey, that is what it is all about really. It would be a shame to have all this experience and not pass it on. I remember when DH’s father died, who had a wealth of experience, DH was at a different stage of his life and although he gained a lot from his Dad, who was a Cornish farmer, there was so much lost and of course, down the track a bit further, when DH did return to the land, much of this was gone. That was some of the motivation for writing, at least our experience can be written down and hopefully of some benefit to not only our own boys, but others as well. Thanks for the well wishes.

mauzimauzi

Thanks Andre, Have sent you an email.

We are off to the Hobart showground market this weekend and will be selling the booklet plus a whole lot of self sufficiency stuff like cheese presses, proscuitto boxes, wooden gates (made by DH) and carved candles made by me. I will post some photos of those soon.

Sent you an email! The loss of knowledge is continuing unless people like you do what you have done. Thank you! :kiss:

Unless people like you care a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not! ~ Dr Suess

mauzimauzi

Thanks Bandicoot Valley. I do hope that it helps people along the way.

bluezbanditbluezbandit

What day is that market Mauzi as I am down south this weekend and might get there.

mauzimauzi

Hey,that would be great. It is at the Hobart Showgrounds from 8am – 2pm. Would be great to catch up if you get a chance. As you go in, we are on the right hand wall, towards the far corner.

Cheers

Mauzi

BobbeeBobbee

Congratulations Mauzi. :tup: :clap:

:hug:

MumchookMumchook

Hello there… would anyone know of updated contact details for Mauzi as I am interested in purchasing this book.

Sent her a PM, emailed and tried to look at the website however it seems that’s no longer there.

Alternatively, would anyone know where I could buy the book? I have searched online stores with no success there as well!

Thank you.

bluezbanditbluezbandit

Mum chook I have sent you a message

MumchookMumchook

Thank you very much!

Ree

auroraaurora

BB, I have just spent a fruitless 30 mins trying to find a contact for Mauzi, to access her books. I am wondering if you could help me also.

pavbenthpavbenth

She included her email address in the initial post. 😉

maureen@esperanceholisticfarm.com.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.