Aussies Living Simply

new here again after years away

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself new here again after years away

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wocketwocket

After a marriage breakup, the drama of funding a new house to rent with my 4 year old and all the healing that needs to happen I find myself here again. I’ve got chickens again, restarted my studies and got the veggie patch going. It’s been a tough few years emotionally, physically and financially. I’m here to find green minded friends, get tips on the garden and get to be part of a community after being socially isolated for almost a decade. I’m looking forward to it.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

welcome back

BobbeeBobbee

Hiya wocket, yep welcome back. Glad to see you are getting into life as you like it again. I recognize your avatar. :hug:

🙂

chookenchooken

Hi Wocket,

It sounds like you’ve been through some trauma. Life sure does have some crap in it. :hug:

I’m only recently back here myself, but welcome, and good luck with the studies. Glad to hear you’re back in the chook and garden bizzo. Those things are very curative!

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Hey wocket. Lovely to see you here again.

Sounds like you have had a rough trot, but hopefully that’s all behind you and you can start afresh.

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

:wave: welcome back. I float in and out of this wonderful site myself and find a bit of dirt therapy is good for the soul :hug:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Welcome back Wocket :wave:

wocketwocket

Thanks all. The worst us indeed behind me, though the hardest part seems to be the simple act of finding friends here in the world outside of the internet. The quest is on. 🙂

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Best way to meet like minded folks is to host an ALS get together at your place. Amazing the wonderful folk you meet.

Sadly Brisbane is too far for this little black duck, but I’m sure there are lots around your neck of the woods.

BelBel

Hi wocket and welcome back :hug:

GirlFridayGirlFriday

Welcome back Wocket 🙂 I am Brisbane(ish).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.