Aussies Living Simply

New Green Cleaning line at Aldi

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    LeecyLeecy

Did the fortnightly shop at Aldi this morning and noticed they have a new line of cleaning products. There is dishwashing liquid, toilet cleaner, window cleaner, general purpose cleaner/spray, washing liquid and powder and laundry soaker.

They have no phosphates, plant derived biodegradable surfactants, all the packaging is recyclable, and its safe for septic/bio systems.

Can anyone tell me if this is actually significant or are they just marketing a normal product as green? If it is actually good they are great value. The laundry liquid was $2.49? for 2L, the dishwashing liquid was $1.99 for 600ml.

LeecyLeecy

Oh!… and made in Oz :tup:

NoodleNoodle

I have the peppermint dishwashing liquid here. Says on the label – biodegradable, phosphate free, recyclable PET plastic, plant derived surfactants (doesn’t say what), fragrance with natural oils.

“The suractant in Green Action Dishwashing Liquid are readily biodegradable and comply with Australian Standard AS4351.”

And yes Made in Australia.

JaJeKaLiJaJeKaLi

Has anyone tried them? Is it worth buying them? They sound good, but not if they are not effective. Mainly for the dishwashing liquid. Also, would they be suitable for a bio-cycle below ground system? Still trying to find one that doesnt upset the balance too much.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

I’ve bought some of these but haven’t used them as yet. Will be interested to read other’s reports.

LeecyLeecy

JaJeKa wrote:

Has anyone tried them? Is it worth buying them? They sound good, but not if they are not effective. Mainly for the dishwashing liquid. Also, would they be suitable for a bio-cycle below ground system? Still trying to find one that doesnt upset the balance too much.

That’s what I’d like to know too. I’ve never used one of these before but the place we are moving to has 2 of them and I don’t wanna broked dem :shy:

HayleyHayley

We got some too. Seem to work fine (but I’m not much of a cleaner so I wouldnt’ really know anyway!)

I was wondering if its really was ‘eco friendly’ or just a marketing scam……..

HayleyHayley

Oh and Natural Instinct (from some pharmacy’s) dishwashing liquid is great! A bit pricey but truly nothing ‘bad’ and works really well! I found their dishwasher and laundry powder not so good though. But their shamp/cond is really good too.

AbbysMumAbbysMum
    Participant

Hmmm interesting thread and may be able to add to it/

Currently I am doing a PDC and one exercise was to do with our washing product. Mine was green Action from Aldi so i initially phoned for a Material Safety Data sheet to be told I HAD to fax them the request as they do not email out information. Fax was sent with no reply so a second one was sent. The reply came back with the MSDS sheet for totally differemt products. So Faxed again requesting the correct information Have never heard back from them to date. This information and Faxing etc started 6 weeks ago, needless to say I did not have the information in time 😀

Are they hiding something ?

Anyway I got a clothes washing formular from this site and will try that one.

Susan

GiannaGianna

There are a couple of Green Action Products featured in next week’s specials (Aldi). If you’re thinking about buying, check the label for where these products are made as it’s not listed in the catalogue.

http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/offers_20090813.htm

There is a large range of Organic Cotton items as well (towels, sheets, kid’s t-shirts, undies + more). Crank radio (I have one).

What has me interested most is the Benchtop Composter. Must go and check it out as it would be ideal for people with no other means of composting. It’s 5 litre size and has two charcoal filters to reduce smell.

smurfysmurfy

I bought the Aldi brand of Green Laundry Powder…..the caustic smell / fumes was so bad in the car, DH and i almost choked on the half hour drive home! I usually have a high tolerance, but this was really strong.

Personally, i found it very average. Didn’t seem to wash very well, or rinse out well. Have not bought it again.

SnagsSnags

When using grey water you would have different requirements to when using a sewage system.

In grey water you want to avoid salts, phosphates may not be that bad unless you have a lot of proteases

Greywater Compatible Soap & Detergent Info

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.