Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

New forum site

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Humbug post=296641 wrote:

You just have to pop into ‘community’ or ‘your profile’ which drops down from running your mouse over the ‘settings’ tab and you will have a little red bell on your ‘inbox’ tab indicating the number of pm’s you have waiting 🙂

I know that but if you send one it can take others several days to look and then you wonder if they got it at all. Just if something gets their attention they will bother to look.

Thanks Dan

Pardon me Judi B, I obviously misread your post :unsure:

I’m sorry but I didn’t write that first post as good as I could have.

I should have written “There is one thing I’d like to see and that is a pop up or something to say that there is a PM for you.” so people know to look.

I check everytime I come on to see if anyone has sent me a PM.

I really should proof read what I write. Sorry I’m getting stupid in my old age.

I should also say thank you to Geoff as well for the hard work he has put in.

I never bother to check my PM’s because I hardly get any. It’s only if I check my emails that I discover I have a PM waiting. A notification would be great!

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

What is the quota of our inbox ? Is there a limit, like the old site had ?

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

and, is there a delete button or has that gone?

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I learn something new everyday :laugh: I found today that if you put the cursor over the “X months Xdays ago” it comes up with the date and time of the post. :cheer:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

oh wow 🙂

thanks Judi

GeoffGeoff
    Keymaster

jaydatoo, if you click on your own username you’ll go through to your profile and there is a collection of boxes on that page that lists the various posts you’ve made. Your goat post is here:

https://www.aussieslivingsimply.com.au/forum/23-backyard-livestock/296420-re-hardy-goats-for-blackberry-and-scrub

katerinakaterina

It seems jazzy and nice, but I was so used to the other site that I am having trouble adjusting, and as I have not had much time lately, I have been avoiding the site, until I have the time to readjust.

Sorry, not very computer savy at the best of times. i will get there though.

sunbirdsunbird

Thanks for that Judi, about the date. I did manage to see it once but can’t seem to find the right spot to hover to see it again, although it could be a firefox problem.

Another thought from me – I’d like to see more previous posts than just the two. eg, in responding to Judi’s comment I had to open in another tab and then locate the same thread again.

Flagging a PM is a great idea.

Thanks for all your work Geoff.

Anonymous
    Inactive

sunbird post=296872 wrote: Thanks for that Judi, about the date. I did manage to see it once but can’t seem to find the right spot to hover to see it again, although it could be a firefox problem.

Another thought from me – I’d like to see more previous posts than just the two. eg, in responding to Judi’s comment I had to open in another tab and then locate the same thread again.

Flagging a PM is a great idea.

Thanks for all your work Geoff.

Is this as in when you reply you want to see more history of the ones you are replying to ?

sunbirdsunbird

Hi Dan

This situation may only be a problem for me, as I tend to go backwards and forwards between the post (or posts) I’m responding to and my own composition many times before I get it right. I take forever sometimes…. just that my memory is on the senior side and has never been good.

As I’ve been composing this, I’ve been trying out a few more buttons I hadn’t tried before. Maybe I just need to take the time to explore more (and become more active).

The area I am composing this post in was accessed by clicking on Reply Topic (to the left of Subscribe, on the same line as the number of pages). As I write this post, at the bottom of the page I see only two posts: my last post and your last response.

If I click Quick Reply I get to see all the previous posts on that page, BUT I don’t get to preview my composition.

If I click beside it on Reply, then I only get 2 previous posts.

Now that I’ve discovered Quick Reply, enabling a preview from there could solve my problem.

One forum I use shows the last ten posts, another forum shows the last page (even if it’s only a couple posts).

sunbirdsunbird

I love the thank you button at the bottom of each message.:) 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.