Aussies Living Simply

Nara NS1 Food Dehydrator

Home Forums HOMEMADE Home Preserving, Food Storage and Stockpiling Nara NS1 Food Dehydrator

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wikki4

HI Everyone

I have had the great fortune of being given a Nara Food Dehydrator and was hoping that someone might have an instruction manual that they would be prepared to share with me. I am so excited. Having mastered the art of the vacola, I am now embarking on a new adventure and would love some advice and assistance.

Help please lovely people:)

Kindest regards

Vikki

bdm6125

Hi

I have had one of these for years! Love it!

Their version of an instruction manual is a tiny booklet with not a lot of info in it! They do ave an email tcmark@optusnet.com.au if that helps.

I just used info off the internet and books from the library to work out mine!

Kasalia

I am not familiar with This particular brand but read this as will help you whatever type you have.

https://www.aussieslivingsimply.com.au/forum/home-preserving-food-storage-and-stockpiling/282785-great-dehydrating-lessons-long-storage

wikki4

So today I went for a quick look at the local fruit market and they had a melon called Bolero in their throw out bin …If you have never tasted one (and I had not before today) they are sweet and divine – like a cross between a rockmelon and a mango…YUM – So I decided to try them in the Nara….6 hours later and they are looking good. Problem is that I am ready for bed and they are not ready yet…so will get up in the middle of the night to see how they go:) This is my virgin voyage with the Nara so lets see what happens 🙂

Connie

Hi there. I know this was ages ago but did you receive the manual. I also have inherited a Nara Food Dehydrator minus a manual and I have searched and searched on the internet an can not find one. Nor can I find the company. Thank you, Connie

fruitful

hello people, I have a Nara Food Dehydrator manual, it would be 3 pages double sided and probably not much to post so I’d be willing to photo copy it and send it on if you’d like to pm me your address.

:tup:

calliecat
    Participant

do they even sell these still?? I can’t find any info on the either anymore,

fruitful

I managed to find mine on ebay and I know my sister bought one retail a few years ago (I think in a health food shop) but haven’t seen any since.

Connie

Thank you so much. I would really appreciate that if its not too much problem. My address is PO Box 53, Gin Gin QLD 4671

Connie

I was given mine by a friend’s friend when they moved and there was no manual with it. I don’t think the company is in operation anymore either – I just wanted to see how I would go with dehydrating before purchasing a new one.

Connie

Thank you so much. I plan to play and learn today in this new venture. have a wonderful day day yourself

Connie

I have never heard of them either – must keep an eye out for one. Sounds very yummy. How did they turn out?

fruitful

Hi Connie,

I sent off the Nara manual today, Tuesday 24th Sept in the afternoon, no idea how long it will take to get to you. Enjoy when you do get it.

fruitful

Hi I’ve just joined this forum…because I have opportunity to buy a Nara Food Dehydrator model NS1. I came across this site – doesn’t seem to be much other info about the Nara’s on the web- I’m hoping I can also have a copy of the manual mailed to me. Please let me know ‘fruitful’. Kind regards, Tania (Elanora QLD) 🙂

Kayenne
    Participant

Hi all, about 8 months ago I tried contacting someone from NARA food dehydrator company. Eventually I got a response; apparently the guy who invented/founded the NARA was killed in an international plane crash on the way to/or from England a few years after his company got going. Exact time frame the caller was unsure, just that the gentleman passed away, and the company ceased.

Like many of you, what I was after was the NARA booklet on food dehydrating, because it has the best jerky recipe, and my son wanted me to make some. I bought my NARA whilst living on the Sunshine Coast in the 90’s, and the company was then based in Maleny Qld if I recall correctly.

At any rate, if there is a member with the NARA booklet, including those meat jerky recipes, I would be everlastingly grateful if we could come to some arrangement, and I could get a copy. Most links to anything to do with NARA and recipes seems broken.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.