Aussies Living Simply

Naming your farm / property

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING This Simple Life Naming your farm / property

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jye

I was just wondering if there is any process or suggestions used to name your farm or property?

Most people seem to decide on a name based on family history or local history. there is some brilliant names out there and would love to hear what people have named there farm or name you have inherited and why that name was decided 🙂

Ashilleong

Ours is ‘Elsewhere’. We have spent over a year on the other side of the country before being able to move in (Dec 19th!) so we have spent a lot of time dreaming of being ‘Elsewhere’

df418

Ours is “Vanishing Pines” for obvious reasons

Scarlet

Mine is going to be “OneDay” and it will be where I do all the things I’ve always wanted to do, one day….

Jye

All such unique names!

RidgeyDidge

I called mine “Willoughby”

Like as in Willoughby a complete disaster, Willoughby the death of me, Willoughby my financial ruin, or Willoughby my home and sanctuary.

Penny1765

Ours is called Gaia’s Harvest but is more commonly referee to by the other half asThe Black Hole for money!!

ballamara
    Keymaster

ours is “gecko grange” after the amount of geckos and lizards that call this hilly farmstead home

Sue_J

I have always said that if I ever bought land I would call it Hakuna matuta (means no worries) (yes I like lion king lol)

jmcal41

We call our place “Oakbeere Springs” Springs because there is a couple of springs that are on the block and generally flow all year around. (one is dry at the present though – not good!) …………………. Oak from the huge northern Silky Oak trees on the property,…………………….. beer ’cause we both love a coldy or two and e on the end of Oakbeere  because it just looked better!!    ~:>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.