Aussies Living Simply

My little patch of feralaide.

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE The Garden Log My little patch of feralaide.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 287 total)
  • Author
    froot_loopz

just some of whats been going on in my garden

these were picked a week or so ago. love the range of colours

froot_loopz

these were picked this morning.

I love how nothing has to be perfect looking in the garden to be edible

froot_loopz

the start of my winter patch.

cabbages, cauliflower, brocolli and lettuces (Im constantly craving lettuce)

froot_loopz

lettuces, rocket and another type in there

froot_loopz

completely off my medication now, coping ok, not great, but okay.

but I love my vegie garden, its good therapy

mudhen

Love your photos, froot_loopz! You are so right about appreciating the variety of shapes and sizes of what is meant to be the same veggies or fruit, too. Sometimes I think the way food is presented in the Stupidmarket is indicative of where our society is at generally – we must all conform & look the same to be acceptable. What an untruth that is.

And gardening really is great therapy. Sunshine, a bit of hard work, having things that need our care – these are all things that help us along the way.

Bel

Those capsicums and tomatoes look fantastic froot_loopz, as do the greens. I never get my capsicum plants in early enough for them to be very productive – I’m envious! And their ‘imperfection’ makes them look tastier IMHO! Those box veggie beds look great – where did you get them from?

froot_loopz

my ex brings them home from work. I have about 18 of them in my yard, he originally bought a couple home for me, thinking they’d be okay to plant potatoes in, because they are stackable. I havent tried them for that, but I might do this year

Try some truck repair places, they generally throw them out.

froot_loopz

not much happening here.

last of the capsicums picked in may

froot_loopz

june

froot_loopz

july

froot_loopz

august
    I redid the outside of the chooken run, from when they got attacked by the dog, first time  they were allowed out was yesterday, a couple of months since the attack, should have heard how happy they were 😀

this is how it is now

froot_loopz

snails and white cabbage worm are beating me with the cabbage

but overall i declare my winter plantings a success, weve been eating out of it most nights for the last couple of months

Ashilleong

Mighty fine looking chook house there!

Bobbee
    Good to catch up with your garden froot-loopz it’s all looking great.   There’s always lots of work to be done and something new to try, I find, keeps life interesting.  

:(|)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 287 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.