Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

My guniea pigs lost their mum during birth

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Pets and Native Animals My guniea pigs lost their mum during birth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PandaaKnifeePandaaKnifee

Hello everyone,

I got a guniea pig a month ago and she ended up bring pregnant. Unfortunately she died during giving birth to her last pup and we couldn’t have either.

There are 4 other pups that I have been feeding di-vetelact every 3 hours. They are now just over 48 hours old and one has been a struggle to feed anything and has no interest in food. Everyfeed I need to force it down. Today I’m going to get scales so I can weigh them all.

I’m not sure how much of the di-vetelact milk I should be feeding them. I give them 2ml each feed and they get 8 feeds a day which is 16ml each. They have mashed up pellets which i put in there with fresh veggies and hay. They stay in a heated enclosure set to 25degrees Celsius next to my bed as it’s constantly raining.

Thry seen to clean each others genitals which is great but i still like to wipe them with a cotton ball.

At what age should I stop feeding them the di-vetelact, and what age should i put them out with the other girl guniea pig? I did try intoduce the adult girl guniea pig but she seemed panicked in a small place with them. When it dries up and they go into the their bigger cage I hope she accepts the babies.

Is there anyone that can help me and give me advice? I’m trying so hard and I’ll do anything

SnagsSnags

I had GPs when I was a kid our main concern with babies was the dad eating them….good luck hope the new mum is a good mother

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.