Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Muesli Bars

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    KalexKalex

I just wanted to tell you that I made Bel’s fruitbars – the recipe from an old copy of Grass roots… because hubby and I are on the liver cleanse diet and are not allowed animal fats or much sugar (normal sugar)…

They were yummy – made heaps and were gobbled up in no-time… but I wouldn’t say they were muesli bars… or even fruit bars… more like a fruit slice. Didn’t really firm up much, mostly fell apart in your hands… in hind sight I’d probably chop up the fruit even finer than I did, and maybe cook it for a bit longer than suggested.

Anyone got any other sure-fire healthy muesli fruit bar recipes that don’t have any animal fat or refined sugar in them?

regards Kalex :wave:

PasqualinaPasqualina

haha Mummaknows, I think sweetened condenesed milk has sugar in it 😆 but to me, the more sugar the better!

Kalex, I love your DP, Thats in cairns outside the gallery isn’t it?

The muesli bars look nice, i think ill try the one with sweetened condensed milk in it!.. if I dont eat it all out of the tin first 😐

Does anyone know what to do with milk powder? I know alot of indian sweets are made from it, do any of you guys make them? 🙂

KalexKalex

Yes Pasqualina it is in Cairns… that was taken on our honeymoon, I thought the jelly babies were cool!

:tongue:

Sorry tho, haven’t got a clue what to do with powdered milk (apart from making my own paneer:tup:).

cheers, Kalex

bdm6125bdm6125

Low GI muesli bars

1 cup desiccated coconut

1/2 cup wheatgerm

1 1/4 cup rolled oats

1/4 cup oat bran

2 tbsp sesame seeds

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

1/4 cup pumpkin

1/4 cup pecans, chopped

1/4 cup almonds, chopped

1/4 cup dried apricots, diced

1/3 cup raisins

1/4 cup dried peaches, sliced

200g unsalted butter

1/2 cup honey

1 cup low GI sugar

Herbman is that really 1/4 cup of pumpkin or is it pumpkin seeds??? I have all the ingredients on my bench and now I am wondering about the bloody pumpkin bit!

KalexKalex

I saw the show and it definitely didn’t contain pumpkin:rip:… it must have been pumpkin seeds… watch the video on the linke above that Vanessa provided.

bon appetito!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.