Aussies Living Simply

Mt Tamborine/Eagle Heights anyone?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Mt Tamborine/Eagle Heights anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Leecy

Just letting everyone know we have sold our house at Wellington Point and are moving to a qtr acre block at Mt Tamborine.

Are there any members from ALS living in the area? Anyone know where to get some nice pure bred chookies from locally? Any general info on the area?

Steve
    Keymaster

Hey Leecy, does that mean we will share councils?

We will be at opposite ends of the Scenic Rim Regional Council.

I think there are a few members around your neck of the woods.

muster

I’m at beautiful downtown Wonglepong which is on the side of your mountain.

Leecy

Steve wrote:

Hey Leecy, does that mean we will share councils?

We will be at opposite ends of the Scenic Rim Regional Council.

I think there are a few members around your neck of the woods.

Yep, that’s the one!

muster

Tamborine Village Hardware and stock feed should be able to give you the name of a local breeder. I think the breeder’s name was Arthur – but they should be able to tell you. He is a fabulous – serious breeder – I just can;t remember his name.

muster

Guess we are pretty lucky Steve and Leecy we just missed out on having Warrick Capper running interference in our seat – he ‘forgot’ to get his nomination in.

Leecy I also have the phone number for a lovely lady who breeds Araucanas and I have forgotten the other breed she has – she is about 20k away if you’re interested. Also the Chicken Lady attends the Beaudesert market from time to time. I have one of her Araucanas and it is a lovely healthy hen.

debby-lee

Mt Tamborine is beautiful. That is where I want to live when I am old and grey.

Leecy

Thanks heaps for that Muster, I’m looking forward to the lifestyle up there and I’ll definitely check out the markets for the chook lady! We’ll need some time to fence off a yard for them and make a cosy shelter. I’m so stoked, we went for a drive up there on the weekend and there is even a cafe with Merlo coffee :lol::tup:

debby-lee

I remember having a romantic weekend with hubby at Lison grove, cottages, up the mountain. we went to visit the main street with the markets ect and it was just lovely. Everyone has a dog on the front step. There are gallery’s, fudges, everything. Loved it.

Leecy

the main st is soooooo gorgeous. cant wait to explore it all. first weekend we are all moved in we want to do a winery crawl on bicycle 😆

Michelle-sm

Oh Leecy I am SO jealous!!

I love the mountain and we often ride up there on the Harley at weekends for lunch. In fact I am going up there tomorrow with hubby for a farewell lunch before he heads off to the USA with my DS21 for 3 weeks.

moving to a qtr acre block at Mt Tamborine

Does the block have a house on it? :confused:

Leecy

Haha yeah it has a house. This is a link to what it looks like. We were sold on the view of the Gold Coast. (we didnt pay quite that much either)

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=105232517&f=80&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=31391524&s=qld&tm=1235281951

Steve
    Keymaster

Noice!!!

Guess we are pretty lucky Steve and Leecy we just missed out on having Warrick Capper running interference in our seat – he ‘forgot’ to get his nomination in.

We’ve still got Pauline though! 😆

debby-lee

Omg that deck is fantastic. I’m sure you will be very satisfied there.

Michelle-sm

OK now I am seriously jealous:jawdrop:

You will never tire of those views and I love the timber floors.

AND you will get 4 seasons up there, even a proper Autumn!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.